Please look ahead
Are there any episodes or gaps in your resume that will drive you to despair? Do you paralyze phrases like, "What would have been if" or "If only I", and stop you from acting and moving forward?
My tip: Let that be. Try to make the best of your current situation. Look ahead rather than focus on negative aspects.
Career despite bad grades
You are, for example, more of a practical type, and plans for your grades already failed during school? Now you are not afraid to find a job due to your grades. These negative thoughts are also reflected in your application documents.
Try to see the positive aspects - and then you will succeed in emphasizing them over others. This is followed by 5 tips.
5 tips for a more positive view
- Under no circumstances justify your grades in the application documents. Emphasize Achievements and Practical Achievements.
- Do not apply to the most popular and largest employers in your industry. Personnel in small and medium-sized companies Company Looking for candidates who have not gained such a good grade, but for the experience with the product and / or the industry.
- Adjust your salary expectations. Smaller companies can usually look at applicants more closely and also rate according to other criteria. They often shy away from graduates with excellent degrees because they simply can not keep up with the salaries of big companies.
- Crawl your network, who knows someone who knows you and gives you a good reference.
- Apply for an initiative. Talk directly to specialists and try to avoid recruiters or the personnel department.
They create the re-entry
Whether you mention a disease in the CV, for example, depends on the disease. Care of the parents or accident you can integrate into your Vita: "Time out due to a car accident, now again 100 percent ready and 200 percent motivated" or "All-round care of Alzheimer's mother".
You do not want to mention diseases such as cancer, depression or burnout. The fewest people are socially and think in terms of integration and reintegration. Most think of relapses or illnesses.
5 Tips for difficult situations in your CV
- If you have looked after your children during this time, you will be able to take on this activity as a family manager.
- If you have been abroad for a longer period of time, build this time out. Skills such as language competence and internationality are particularly important.
- If you have completed further training during this time, focus on it.
- If, unfortunately, you were fully exposed to your illness, I recommend to make the CV different. Apply with a qualification and competency profile. This is without a time line. The focus is on your professional foundation, practical experience, successes and additional qualifications. Since it is fortunately nowadays no such strict guidelines can be good for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Activate contacts. Who can help you find jobs? Use social channels for job search. With a well-developed Xing and LinkedIn profile, you can increase your network and awareness level, and thus get the chance to get a job.
How to find a job again
Basically, the following applies: Whether a career entry, reorientation, cross-entry, unemployment - patience, you will find a job again!
If you are a professional, it is completely normal if you do not immediately find a job. Gaps can arise as a result of redundancies, professional reorientation or a change in the sector or function. Do not despair. Just in the present time, it is not extraordinary when the job search job takes a year or more.
5 Job Search Tips
- Do not be idle in time.
- Do you have a look at the vacancies you are interested in, do you have any qualifications that are missing in the profile and which you can easily make up for?
- Perhaps an additional degree or a further education makes sense.
- I also recommend that you use your social channels for job hunting. Position yourself clearly with your priorities. Think of important keywords and keywords. In any case, the words "challenge" and "search" should not be missing.
- Activate contacts. Who can help you find jobs?
My conclusion Conclusion: With all the interpretations and tightrope walks you remain authentic and prove your courage to the gap! Then you can also convince as a personality.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).