60 percent willing to change
Around 60 percent of respondents said that they would leave their previously visited online stores - in favor of other, more entertaining deals. For online shop owners, it is therefore important to respond to the changing needs of customers and to take increased measures to increase customer loyalty.
The lifting of the mass of webshop offers and targeted inclusion of visitors promises social commerce. The aim is to bind the existing customers to the shop permanently and to win new customers with little effort.
10 Tips: The nearest store is just a click away
Social commerce helps to reduce the anonymity of an online shop and convince buyers of the shop sustainably. A particularly strong recognition effect is created, enriching the shopping experience with entertaining and lively elements.
The social commerce experts Christian Otto Grötsch, Managing Director of Preisbock GmbH, and Christian Malik, Managing Director of dotSource GmbH, give tips on the successful customer loyalty through social commerce. For several years, dotSource GmbH has been a trend-setter in the development of social commerce elements and the development of its own shop communities.
- Activate your visitors: A lively online community is the basis of social commerce. Increase the length of your customers' stay and thus their binding to the shop, by giving them the opportunity to actively participate in the shop.
- Use forums or blogs: Community elements such as forums or blogs can be effective tools for this by giving users the opportunity of mutual exchange - about the range of goods, experiences with specific products or questions about shipping and payment methods. This user community creates a sense of togetherness, the shop is filled with life and loses its anonymity.
- Make your customers experts: Give your customers the opportunity to recommend and advise themselves. Through a targeted integration of customers through comments and reviews you generate for interested parties a valuable purchase decision aid with a particularly high credibility. This often makes it unnecessary to search for background information. Questions from users are often answered among themselves.
- Inform your customers: Studies prove the effectiveness of this measure right: More than 80 percent of all online shoppers include the reviews of others in their purchasing decisions. By bundling ratings on your site, you will be able to provide better-informed customers who are happy to help with the next purchase. Use the customer feedback to identify optimization potential and participate actively in the discussions.
- Let your customers work for you: You can transfer part of your marketing activities to your customers through social commerce. By recommending certain products or the shop to friends, you turn your customers into consultants and save money.
- Get to know your customers: In order to stand out from the anonymity of many online shops, customers can be given practical tools for personalization. Wish lists or wedding lists are already widespread and offer great benefits for buyers and sellers alike: while the shop visitor is interested Article can initially save in his member area, the shop operator benefits from an increased re-visit rate. Friends are often referred to the wish lists, so that lists also contribute to the acquisition of new customers.
- Evaluate the shop visually: Your customers can make valuable contributions to the visual upgrading of your online shop. For example, uploaded photos or videos created by the users by their high vividness create additional buying impulses for undecided visitors. This instrument is especially recommended for high-involvement topics such as shops for certain sports or modeshops.
- Find the right elements: Which elements are suitable for each shop, must be decided individually. It is important to know your own target group, your media literacy and your needs exactly. Social commerce elements are designed to make shopping more intuitive, easier and more entertaining. Helpful are surveys of the own customers, how the innovations are accepted, as well as an understandable guidance ("how does ...?").
- Analyze Your Customers: Before you make any significant changes to your online store, you should analyze your audience and their needs. Where do additional functions such as rating systems or commentary functions provide real help?
- Think like the customer: put yourself in the shoes of your customers to find out what their demands on your online store are and how to make their visit as enjoyable as possible.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).