Curious job titles and how to find them
The Star Wars Day at the 4. May offered us the ideal opportunity to search in our database for Jedi, Ninjas, Wizards and other quaint trends.
Below, we reviewed odd job titles using the Indeed Job Trends - how common are these terms?
Jedis, Ninjas and Wizards - 6 Curious Job Title
- Jedi: Auch HR love Star Wars: Since the launch of Episode VII at the end of 2015, there has been an 328-percent increase in advertised "Jedi" jobs on Indeed. The good news: no one is currently looking for a Sith
- Ninjas: The ninjas are back. Even 2015 looked as if the ninja would disappear as a job title in the sinking. That was a mistake, the ninjas are back. Indeed, Indeed even found job openings for "Guitar Building Ninja" and "Duct Cleaning Ninja". What exactly hides behind the latter is also unclear to us.
- Rock stars: Despite a current weakness, the rock star remains a popular keyword on Indeed. The question remains: what does an "all-around rock star" (real job title) do all day?
- Wizards: The "Wizards" have been out of fashion since 2011 released the last Harry Potter movie. But they have not yet been completely enchanted - on Indeed in Germany we have found "Java Wizards" particularly often.
- Gurus: The time of the gurus is over. Until 2012 it was very popular in the job advertisements on Indeed - since then it goes downhill steeply. The reasons for this are probably more of an esoteric nature. For example, there is still a search for "social media gurus", and "front-end gurus" and "kitchen gurus" can be found as well.
- Princesses and other curiosities: "Prophets" and "Enthusiasts" belong to the new generation of curious job titles, but so far they do not play a significant role. "Shaman's" (ie shamans) were a trend for 2014 for a short time, but also play no role anymore. Google has a "Security Princess". However, this is so far the only one in the world.
3 tips for better job titles
But now seriously: "As much as we would all be ninjas, Jedi and magicians sometimes, as job titles such descriptions are not very effective. If you are looking for qualified employees, you should provide a precise description of the job. These job ads are found and get the most clicks and applicants. And you should note that:
- In the case of a good job advertisement, it is particularly important that the description accurately reflect the future task and should at the same time give insights into corporate culture. Then employers get the right candidates.
- In addition, the call must be findable - and that's not Jedi and rock stars. Unless your candidates really wanted to become a Jedi Knight.
- If you notice with time that the desired applications do not come, you can carefully adjust the display and title, also the testing of different variants is recommended for the optimization.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).