First aid in a crisis
When a crisis breaks out, you are usually in shock, depending on how big the cut is in your area of life.
For example, when you learn that you're getting rid of your job, you're losing much of your professional identity. This shock you are once delivered.
5 First Aid Tips Upon Termination
- Take your time: If, for example, you have been terminated and you want to sue for your dismissal, you have three weeks to do so. So you can wait in peace until after a few hours or days, the first shock and you can reasonably clear thinking again.
- Let the shock be: Admit that you are in shock and undertake First of all, nothing. They are not powerful and clear-sighted at such moments. You are too dizzy to be able to make sound decisions.
- Talk to good friends: Then you can discuss with trusted persons of your choice, your partner, friends or a lawyer or a lawyer. Aside from factual issues that need to be clarified, talking helps to better handle the shock.
- Do not sign anything: Above all: Do not sign anything in such a situation, especially not, in case of termination, a cancellation contract. Because its agreements are binding and can not be reversed by you later.
- Do important things after a waiting period: Do not be put under time pressure if your employer offers you a cancellation contract and urges you to sign it. Only sign if you
Crisis - and then?
When the first shock is over, the feelings come up. Existential fear, grief over the loss of the job, self-doubt, debilitating depressive moods and anger. Now it is important not to act ill-considered! For example, those who have lost their jobs often find themselves confronted with the nagging question "Why me?" As well as a lot of anger on the employer, who supposedly behaved unfairly.
Perhaps individual moods dominate, but it is often a chaos of the most diverse feelings that floods you. Sometimes it is not easy to resist this rush. Nevertheless, you should follow these steps:
- Displacing does not help: It is important not to barricade yourself internally, but also to admit to yourself that you are now very sad or terribly angry.
- No blind actionism: Instead of plunging into new activities without a plan, one has to make it realistic to look at the situation. For this, one has to face the feelings connected with the crisis - even if it is very unpleasant to bear the fear, to perceive the anger, to feel the sadness and to notice the anger. Anyone who suppresses the feelings will later be confronted with and thus prevented from working on the situation.
- Beware of acting out: However, living these feelings towards the partners involved in the job is usually not sensible. Instead of telling the ex-boss the thoughts of revenge in person, and insulting him, possibly even in front of witnesses, you should rather write him a drastic letter - but never send this letter. The relief is (almost) the same, but you do not run the risk that your ex-employer may be offended and take revenge.
- Self-motivation helps: After a career break many women find it difficult to get active again. They are literally in a depressive hole, from which they come out only with great difficulty. Why is that? Many women have low self-esteem and do not have a good opinion of themselves. They often define themselves by the motto "I am ok, if ..." This means that they consciously or unconsciously associate a condition with "being ok". For example, "I'm OK when I put children into the world." Or, "I'm ok if I'm successful in my job."
- Why the hole is so deep: If the latter is the case, women put a lot of energy into their jobs. Your ambition is strong. Understandable that it hits these women then hard when it comes to career break. If the success in the job simply disappears, they feel with their entire personality as "no longer in order". Because it helps that professional failure has nothing to do with the personality but can meet each of us.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).