Good ideas are like fruit pulp
By the Italian bestselling author and semioticsProfessor Umberto Eco has the following quote handed down: Good ideas are like flesh, which begins gradually: First, the core is there, then this and that is added.
In other words, a really good idea is not a flash of lightning, which sometimes comes down from heaven, but often the result of hard work. This is a constant process, which is usually not done on its own, but as a rule in the team. Because many heads think more than one.
Creativity techniques for brainstorming
There are various creativity techniques for brainstorming: For example, the morphological box. Here, all conceivable solutions to a problem are systematically compiled. If, for example, changes in Company pending, all the crucial sub-problems (customer benefit, own resources, prices, competition, etc.) must first be determined.
For the sub-problems different solution alternatives are worked out and noted next to each other. Individual solution variants for each subproblem can now be combined to form complete solutions. From the various possible combinations can then select the best.
Playfully solve problems
Another method is the more playful six-hat thinking, but it is a good idea to look at your idea from different angles. To do this you set up one of six colored hats, one after another, naturally. Each color stands for a specific direction of thought.
For example, objectivity and neutrality, with which information is gathered without evaluation. In contrast, red symbolizes the personal feeling, subjective opinion, yellow the positive qualities, etc. One takes the appropriate opinion and writes it down. This makes the advantages and disadvantages of his idea clear.
Creativity Techniques - 8 Tips for finding good ideas
- Mind Map: Write the topic in the middle of a large sheet of paper in capital letters. Circle it. Form multicolored branches - each branch is a new keyword that comes to your mind.
- Feature list: Write down the key features of an existing product or service: can these features be modified, that is, replaced, otherwise used, redesigned or otherwise combined?
- Brainstorming: Here you should leave your thoughts simply spontaneously and unrestrained free running: Such a brainstorming session usually takes 20 to 40 minutes. Just write down, completely without evaluation!
- Morphological box: First of all, all the crucial subproblems have to be determined. Subsequently, various solution alternatives are worked out and listed next to each other. Individual solution variants per subproblem can now be combined into total solutions.
- Six Hat thinking: This method is somewhat more playful, but it is a good idea to look at your idea from different angles. Set up one of six colored hats as you wish - one after the other naturally. Each color stands for a specific direction of thought. Take the appropriate opinion and write it down.
- Osborn method: Identify your problem and then ask any questions you may have. Even if the questions may seem a bit strange to you, they help you see your idea from different angles.
- Just do something different: Sometimes it is enough if you just change the perspective on something to come to a new idea. So you can, for example, the question or reverse. Now you may think of many things you should not do - and that will give you lots of ideas on how to do it.
- To weigh chances and risks: But unfortunately, it is not enough just to have a good idea: you also have to be aware of the opportunities and risks of your idea and incorporate them into your planning accordingly.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).