Almost every second works more productively when the office look is right
What motivates the employee? This question has been followed by a series of studies. The results show that the relationship with colleagues and supervisors is elementary - the same applies to monetary and non-monetary benefits, which are expressed by the employer's appreciation of the employer. And this also includes the design of the offices. A survey conducted by Manpower showed that an appealing design is one of the most important 10 factors in employee motivation: 45 percent of employees in Germany work more productively when optics are in the office.
It is undisputed that office design is also a question of taste that is a good argument. Anyway, that's all Company different, which is why there can be no blueprint for office look and workplace layout that works in every business. When designing a space, it is important for employers to consider the actual workspaces and workflows of their workforce or departments, and to collect employee feedback.
Office design as a reference to company culture
Employee pictures can also help potential applicants to get a first impression of the company's culture. On the job and career platform Glassdoor, employees can share information about their workspace with the community, including office photos. We took a closer look at the pictures and compiled a selection of ten creatively designed offices in Germany, in which style is written up and the workplace becomes a place of well-being.
The 10 coolest offices in Germany
- Lots of room for great ideas have employees In the large office of glispa: in Berlin. Here, industrial charm meets ballsaalflair. Brass roll container on gorgeous chandelier. And if you have enough of high windows and airy atmosphere, simply go back to the chillout zone.
- Almost every worker knows the feeling that he is about to fall on his head on particularly stressful days. at Zalando: in Berlin there is a way out, because here the employees in the courtyard find open garden houses - for much fresh air and a clear head. Gartenfeeling in the middle of Berlin: for a quick breath or work outside.
- What do I actually do? A question that the office workers in this BMW: -Work certainly not ask. Here, the employees in the open-plan office are always reminded that they are part of a larger whole. Next eMails and Excel spreadsheets on computer monitors, they experience the result of their work up close and personal on the illuminated body assembly line above their heads. A thoroughly transparent workplace concept.
- The first impression counts, not just at the first date. The bright and high - ceilinged rooms of Stylight: in Munich are - to match the name - top-styled. The reception area also invites you to a second meeting, whether for employees or customers.
- What is user-friendly and what does it offer? The SoundCloud app on the smartphone. What is employee-friendly and what is the eye? The SoundCloud: Office in Berlin. From the "Meeting Room Castro" to the office kitchen to the recording studio. A remix of tidy design and noble materials.
- Work where others plan holidays. Perhaps with it the wanderlust in the workforce of trivago: is not too big, the premises in the Düsseldorf city district 1 spread a pleasant travel atmosphere. The offices bring the employees not only to different countries, but also to different heights. Depending on the mood and the project, there is plenty of room for inspiration - and some of them a mental short break in the Alps.
- At Puma: agrees the work-life balance (3,9 from 5 stars to Glassdoor). And if they like, employees can spend their free time in the workplace. For those who have the day's work in Herzogenaurach behind them, it simply makes itself comfortable on the beanbag and looks football with their colleagues after work. And who is not done yet, is still there, unpacks his laptop and finds a job in the spacious "Social Lounge". Teamwork after the final whistle.
- At Otto: in Hamburg, the staff offers a colorful mix of colors and shapes. In small niches and protected by tree trunks, employees can withdraw. And if you're planning big things, just sit down at the rustic group tables.
- Those who dive into virtual worlds need inspiration. A good reason for InnoGames: In Hamburg, transforming the office space into different theme worlds: In addition to leisure rooms with ping-pong table and pinball machines, the meeting room quickly becomes a film backdrop for 1000 and one night.
- Whether short brainstorming or negotiation marathon: in this conference room of SAP: the employees keep the target firmly in their sights for every thought-exercise task. In an open atmosphere, all the speakers have a look, no tables and monitors in front of the nose and thus avoid the unnecessary extrarunds in the meeting.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).