Convince with good arguments in every presentation
Those who are optimally able to present themselves in public tend to remember their bosses and colleagues and thus improve their career opportunities. Provided the speaker can convince his audience with good arguments. Here are some tips on how to optimally prepare your presentation.
The degree of familiarity of an employee in the Companies is extremely important. A tried and tested way to increase this external impact is the public appearance - be it in meetings, seminars or conferences.
Bad for the career: When the public appearance goes awry
Public appearances are so important because the employee leaves them with a broad impression in the company and shows that you can count on him at any time. Presentations and lectures are therefore very important for the career.
It is therefore all the more important that the presentation really succeeds, because a public appearance that has gone awry will have a correspondingly negative effect on the career. Therefore, nobody should take his appearance lightly, but prepare as well as possible by gathering facts and structuring his presentation in advance.
The perfect speech: Good arguments are important
The aim of a successful presentation should be to convey your own content and positions so convincingly that the listeners understand and accept them. This requires much more than throwing a few slides on the wall or giving a memorized speech. It starts with getting started: it should be as interesting as possible and catch the listener from the beginning, so that they follow the lecture carefully.
Above all, however, it is important to have a coherent argument: for this, it is important to research the facts of his topic carefully and to be really prepared for the lecture. The reasoning itself should follow a clear line: One should consider in preparation what the key message is and make it the guiding idea of the lecture, which runs through all the arguments like a common thread.
Sovereign present despite surprises: the factor audience note
However, despite all the preparation, one should not forget the audience factor: it is not unusual for listeners to disturb the presentation with interjections or questions or similar unforeseen events. However, anyone who tries perfectionistly to prepare for all eventualities, only makes himself crazy.
Because nobody can predict what the listeners want to know. Anyone who tries to do so fears defensive criticism from the outset - not a good prerequisite for a self-confident demeanor. Well-balanced spontaneity and small mistakes make people even likeable.
How to prepare your presentation optimally: 15 tips
A well-prepared presentation is already half-finished. Therefore, start with the preparation in time, so that you do not get in time. We will show you what is important.
- Properly structured, is half won: They should not first compose the structure of the subject in their lecture, but instead have to think about a logical structure of their arguments.
- Use Headlines: If you are well versed in the topic, write meaningful keywords on index cards - these will ensure that you do not forget anything. Or make a note of the most important headlines on a headline sheet to keep track.
- Use full text: If you are not familiar with the topic, write the full text for the presentation. Then read it so often that a glance at the beginning of the sentence is sufficient to have the subject in mind. But avoid reading it from the script.
- Order is half the battle: Arrange your documents, then is also order in your head. Do not just quote quotations, but write them verbatim in your redeman's script or on the cards - so you avoid hectic swearing on the table.
- The optimal entry: The best way to set up the first step is to greet the participants: Then, in a subordinate clause, make it clear what qualifies you for the reasoning, for example: "As head of accounting, I have a good overview ..." Then outline the focus of your reasoning, but without to betray too much.
- No public spaces: During the entire presentation, do without banalities and general places like "We came here to ...". Your listeners already know that and therefore they are bored.
- Go from your listeners: If you want to convince your audience: Emphasize which benefits, also emotionally, the others have of your idea. Explain why this idea is something really new and will improve the work of everyone. Always formulate positively.
- Facts, facts, facts: Good arguments must be underpinned by facts. For this reason, you should first check the Internet, books and trade journals on the subject. Important: Consider your arguments well. If you hold lectures more often, you should get an information archive.
- Argue emotionally: Facts are important, but you are more likely to reach your audience through emotional arguments and examples. Therefore let your own experiences flow into the lecture: Record what happened, what ideas and impressions you had in a special situation and in what context.
- The crowning conclusion: This also belongs to an optimal structure Your argument: In the end, summarize your most important theses. Conclude and briefly explain what you are going to do next. Then ask the participants for feedback.
- Familiarize yourself with the mediat: Which media do you want to use? Beamer, Overhead, Video, Flipchart? Plan the use of media right when writing. Then familiarize yourself with the presentation technology on site.
- Who are your listeners? Inform yourself about your audience, because it makes a difference whether you talk in front of a specialist audience or laymen, young or old people. Who will be there? Is the composition heterogeneous or homogeneous? What is the interest and expertise of the audience? What kind of reactions do you expect or expect from the audience?
- Less is more: But you can not anticipate and be prepared for all the reactions of your audience. This puts you under unnecessary pressure and there is a high risk that something will go wrong. But small mistakes probably do not mean the end of your career. Therefore, be aware that you can not answer all the questions.
- Practice creates masters: Practice your speech four times. Record yourself (eg on the computer or with a cassette recorder) or picture (with a digital or video camera). Let yourself be a constructive feedback from well-meaning but critical friends.
- Whoever comes too late punishes the audience: Arrive punctually, sleep well and physically and mentally fit for the lecture. If you are sick, say better if possible. If this is not the case, point out your bad condition at the beginning.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965965201
English version: ISBN 9783965965218 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).