10 tips for friendly company succession
If the focus is on the human being - not the circumstances - and if everyone pulls together, complementary, cooperative cooperation can succeed. Creating more together is the motto.
The rewarding mixture, especially with regard to the company's succession, is based on tradition and innovation, which means that it retains and changes. 10 Tips on what you should take into consideration:
- In all friendship: The title of this TV soap offers itself as a leitmotif for the succession regulation at (family)Company on. An estimated 70.000 times the transition from one leadership to the next in the next two years is to be completed. In the most different forms.
- Interfamilial or external successors: Classifications in company succession are the generation change from the parents to the children or in other interfamily constellations. Often an external managing director assumes the new management. The company's continued existence can also be secured by selling or leasing or transferring to a foundation.
- Damage due to failure: If only part of the upcoming company succession fails, this will burden the national economy. How big the damage actually is, can not be quantified. In any case, considering the consequences of a bankruptcy for all involved - up to the loss of jobs.
- Mix emotions with: In order for an economic company to be successfully passed on, the management responsibility must be handed over into the hands of the following responsible persons. That's easier said than done. This is because not only the business aspects are touched. These are quantifiable and measurable. The situation is different with psychological factors. And the mix with a succession of the company quite well.
- No congruence: The subjective experience of old and new leadership, of “seniors” and “juniors” is not always congruent. Often, leadership is nominally put in new hands, but everything remains the same when it comes to power issues. Literally. This can not go well. Differences easily develop from different perspectives, which are perceived as material or role problems depending on the function and location of the person concerned. And in the worst case, the whole thing ends up in punching and stabbing, in the fight for life and death (of the company).
- Friendship as development aid: If, on the other hand, the whole process takes place in all friendships, in this relationship of people to one another based on reciprocal affection, many things can develop quite simply. Quite simple, of course, everything is very simple. The emphasis is on developing. Anyone who plans a succession as an entrepreneur must also be willing to let go.
- Mutual trust: What was right in the past and contributed to the success of the company is justified. However, it must not be obligatory by the company to take over previous strategies unasked. A certain amount of trust is needed. From the previous entrepreneur to his successor, but just the opposite. As in a friendship belongs to giving and taking.
- Talk to each other: If this friendship is still young, it should be nurtured so that it can continue to grow and rooted, and not in the first inconsistencies - and they will not fail. But the long-established friendship also requires care. Sincere communication is the best nutrient in both cases. Whether this agreement takes place at regular fixed dates or in case of joint time-outs is secondary. The priority is that the exchange takes place.
- Queries must be allowed: One's own and the other understanding of values as well as the meaningfulness may and must be discussed, but ultimately accepted. Why should a successful family life stand in the way of business success? Do you really have to work until you drop around to be a thoroughbred? Does the desired work-life balance affect the entrepreneur in his handling dynamics and thus harm the business entrusted to him? If it is assumed that only one's own view is valid, conflicts and disappointments are pre-programmed.
- Values as foundation: Basic values can manifest themselves in a sustained corporate culture as well as in the adaptation to the permanent economic / social development process. However, they must always be recognized and transparent. I can only encourage all participants to lay the foundations at an early stage. Instruments such as coaching, seminars or mentoring programs can support the following trades.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).