Where communication is, misunderstandings arise
Presumably, everyone has already experienced: A stupid remark, an indiscrete question too much - and then the other is offended. This is also and especially in everyday office life very quickly. Rudeness and misunderstanding often arise unintentionally:
A harmless remark like "I am really happy with my work today" can give the colleague the feeling that one wants to specify. And a nicely asked question like, "Well, do you think you can do this job or do you need help?" Can give the impression that one wants to criticize the other.
A careless comment is enough
Good manners and courtesy are important factors in dealing with colleagues and bosses. That does not mean that you can put up with everything, but it depends on the type of communication.
Otherwise, you'll be faster than you would like to be in the next fat bowl - and the careless remark that was meant to be quite nice turns into a career killer.
People are different
Because people think differently. Most people do not listen to the factual question, but interpret what they hear, depending on their emotional situation or the relationship to the speaker.
The friendly help offer, for example, is also misunderstood as patronizing, because the recipient already has the feeling that he does not get the thing in the grip and before the other do not want to stand stupid.
Unwanted rudeness as a career killer
Even in the most mundane things, such as the idea of people, when you say goodbye or on the phone, you can quickly offend people without even realizing it. With sometimes serious consequences for the profession. Because the Chefthat you have unconsciously come too close,
As good forms of contact are increasingly in demand, unwanted insecurities can quickly become a career killer. We show what you should look out for. There are simple language rules that help to avoid misunderstandings.
8 Tips for Avoiding Fat Buds
- Not equal to Adults, which one does not know, one should always siezen. The senior or older person must offer the you. Otherwise wait for the first time, how the relationship develops.
- Is presented after Hierachie: When two people are presented to each other, the lower or younger is presented first.
- Beware of anglicisms: English can sound chic; too many anglicisms, especially when German equivalents are present, seem to be ridiculous.
- No questions about partner or child wish: Taboo are ask for partner or child wish. Because this theme has enough fuel to blow up any conversation, because quickly the other can feel offended - especially if you are not really interested, but only want to quench your sense of sensation.
- Avoid pet names: Pet names should only be used at home - even if your "sweetheart" works in the same company. It just seems embarrassing.
- Keep the rumor mill small: Do not put false rumors in the world by speculating wildly about other people's behavior, such as: "Mrs. Peters looks so sad - if something happened?" That's the thing that gets around quickly, and you're in the pillory afterward.
- Do not specify: Anyone who constantly talks about himself, his career, his money, his house, etc., is quickly seen as a show-off. He quickly makes himself unpopular and makes himself ridiculous.
- Do not apply too thick: Courtesy is good, but not too much. Avoid stilted and unnatural sounding ways of expression.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).