From the author:
Why do you want to be a coach?
At the same time, the number of providers who claim the unprotected occupational title is growing. Under these circumstances it can not always be easy for both future coaches and their clients to assess the quality of the offer.
To determine whether an activity as a coach could be an interesting alternative give the following important criteria for an activity as a coach:
- Interest in personality development and further education
- Active listening
- Need to help others
- Independent work
- Enjoy working with other people
How can coaches work more efficiently?
Especially under the aspect of the current economic conditions, the existence as a coach seems more and more to mature into a real alternative. This training is suitable for telephone coach just because of the low investment costs and the second job opportunities.
But even existing coaches and trainers are increasingly thinking about an efficient extension of their range of services in the interests of their clients. Reason enough to address today the reasons that speak from the perspective of the participants for training as a coach.
Why do you really want to become a coach?
From a multitude of telephone interviews the most common answers to the question "Why do you want to become a Life Coach?"
- own Chef be: I want to be my own boss. That has always been my dream. I will then no longer need to take orders from someone else.
- No fixed schedule: I want to free myself from the daily routine. Life in the company bores me. I have worked all my life. I have been a good employee. Maybe it's just this midlife story, but I feel financially secure and I want more than just monthly payments. I want something beyond all routine.
- Do my own "thing": I have skills that I believe others would pay me for. I'm good at listening, have some life experience, and I'd like to make my own schedule instead of looking for someone else.
- Working from home: Modern technical advances make it easy to quickly set up a fully functional home office - with no significant cost to an office or practice.
- Easy entry: I think it's a business where I can get started. I already have a computer and can work from my home office. The relatively inexpensive entry allows me to be self-employed. In most other areas that I've been interested in, you almost always need thousands of dollars to start a business.
- Freedom: I want to be able to work in pajamas, if I want that. This reason is just as good as any other. It also has prestige today when working from home.
- Way out of unemployment: I have no choice, my job has been dismantled. Actually, I start to see myself as lucky. I do not think I would have made the change by myself. I think I can make a living just as well, if not better, as a coach.
- Make a contribution to the common good: I want to change something. I do not even worry that I could not earn the salary I'm getting right now. Something bigger is calling for me. I would like to work with people who want to grow, have a real interest in personal development and appreciate what I can do for them as a professional coach.
- Safety: The state does not guarantee me anything anymore. I want financial security, and I can not think of a better way to do that than to take matters into my own hands.
- Personal challenge: I need a real challenge, but it will not come where I am now. There is simply no room for promotions, and it could be that I will always do the same for the next five years and make very little progress both professionally and personally.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).