Possibilities and limits
They sneak into our lives almost unnoticed. Dialogue programs that fool us, there would be someone on the other end who understands us. We will be surprised what is possible in this area. And admittedly, they already facilitate our lives in many ways today.
On the other hand, they encounter their limits in some disciplines - and we with them. Or are we just not ready to cross our human limits in thinking?
6 Theses on Artificial Intelligence in Communication
So I asked myself what human communication is at all and what the development of the artificial intelligence will change. 6 theses.
- Man-Machine Systems: Human-computer interaction. Man-machine communication. Man, interface and technical system quickly become a great whole, which is cheered in the course of the industry 4.0. But did human-machine systems actually support our development? Does it not ask us rather than that it promotes us? Are the increasingly complex technical possibilities connected with each other? Or do they separate us from what makes us human beings? To talk together, to solve problems, to grow together!
- The last bastion: More and more machines surround us - both in the private and in the professional environment. The Smart Home, which promises more security and comfort, goes into the digital factory at the fully automated workplace. And all this is controlled by a mobile dialog program. So do technology and artificial intelligence now enter the final bastion of human communication? Replace Chatboots, Siri, Alexa or Google Now the dialogue between two real people?
- Is Artificial Intelligence Perfect !? Yeah, because artificial intelligence is intelligent - that's what the name says. She learns, she can hear, speak, understand. It can certainly have a high intelligence quotient. That has advantages. The car's navigation control lets us focus our attention and attention on the traffic - we speak with "you". Hotel search by smartphone, customer service requests at the telecommunications provider by call - everything perfect. Content in any case.
- There is a lack of emotions: What is hapting is the emotion. Because an emotional intelligence, lovingly called EQ, is missing the machine. Of course, I can tell the customer information system that something is not working. But how annoyed I am, the system can still not grasp. It's not that smart. And this is technically also understandable: At the moment, it is a pure setting of the language of the language, with the voice and body language missing.
- Limits of dialogue programs: If we assume that word communication was once created to express a need, a desire, or a state of well-being, that's exactly what the word alone can not do. It needs the appropriate attitude, the emphasis on it. A word like "super" can be cynical, meaningless, praising, or inspired. Depending on how it is pronounced. In any case, the statement can be diametrically different if I perceive the intricacies in the voice. It does not need intelligence, but empathy. The fact is that often very intelligent people can not perceive the intricacies - similar to the super-intelligent chat boats. The customer says "SUPER" = the customer is satisfied, so it stores the system. No matter how cynical-offensive it was meant to be.
- How does communication work at all? Relationships between people are shaped by over 75 percent through communication. Conversely, 75 percent of communication is relationally relevant as well. For good or bad. This refers to the relationship between humans and humans. And since 75 percent is a not insignificant size, it probably remains that there is nothing to replace human communication where it is not just a pertinent clue. Unless we seriously consider the relationship with a device ...
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).