Custom taurus human
Because much of our behavior is often unconsciously controlled by habits. And most people love these habits and feel sudden changes, like when that happens Company restructured, quickly as a personal threat.
What helps here is to positively reinterpret the respective threat and use it productively - for example, as an instrument for personal development.
Changes make anxiety
No matter whether it concerns the individual as an individual or organizations and companies: In many cases, a - let's say - imbalance gives the decisive impetus for a sustainable change. In the job, for example, these are often the loss of a job or restructuring in the company, which leads to changes in the usual daily routine.
This makes many people initially afraid: After all, you want to preserve what you have, and do not risk losses. One does not want to be torn out of the familiar. And the hope that everything will dissolve in favor dies last.
Change often makes things better
In fact, changes are almost always accompanied by improvements. However, internal and external resistances must first be overcome: for change means an effort of a physical or psychical nature; as a rule, the additional expense.
More effort in the now for a reward in the later. And change means a departure or modification of known, lived, beloved and internalized behaviors, rituals, processes. You give something (even if you do not really enjoy it) and get something new for some time, and has said nothing in between. This uncertainty is sometimes felt to be unpleasant.
Why are we so afraid?
But how do you overcome such inner and outer resistances? it helps to set goals and clear diffuse threats. Ask these two things:
- What is the worst thing that can happen to you?
- How likely is it that this result occurs?
The trick with the fallback solution
A fallback solution can also be helpful: You design the change process in such a way that you have the possibility to cancel the process at low risk.
This can include a certain financial reserve that gives you enough air to reorganize yourself after a 'false start'.
New Behavior 21 training for days
However, it can also help to train new habits properly - precisely for three weeks: scientists have quantified the duration of a metacognitive anchoring with which a new habit can be established with 21 days.
It is just as long before we 'impressed' our subconscious and appropriately adopt new behavior. Only after 21 days does the inner resistance decrease so much that the new habit is established.
8 tips for change processes
- Complete with the past: Get rid of everything you remember and bind to the past. Pull a dash inside. Clear out material evidence. Make room for new things.
- Egoism please! Do not be tempted by your boss to take over a project here and one because the company needs you very much, while you really want to change. When it comes to your well-being, a pinch of healthy egoism can never hurt you.
- Spinlessly: Spin unrestrained. What can I do for you? What would you do or would you want if all doors were open to you? If there were no superficial constraints and you could follow your heart?
- Make plans: Do not leave it while dreaming, become concrete. The closer you see your way, the easier you can go.
- What do you take with you? Think about what you can and want to take from your past. Test who and what has enough with you to accompany you on your way.
- Follow in small steps: Do not overthrow anything. Do not roll around all at once. Each change is a succession of small steps, from which a tearing stream is eventually formed.
- Strengthen your self-confidence: Whoever is afraid of change is often a rather uncertain person. A man who does not trust himself enough and is not sure of himself.
- Train new habits: Practice new habits 21 days long for them to sit!
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).