Overcoming your own resistance
First of all, it's about overcoming one's own resistance: as I said, making a change is just the beginning of a process that may end up somewhere different than you thought.
Stures Holding on a once-bumped path without consideration for losses can lead to complete projects.
The Dale Carenegie Method
High self-motivation is not given to everyone. In any case, it is worth taking into consideration the benefits and advantages that the planned or desired change entails with the above-mentioned fears and resistances.
Of course, the sum of the positive aspects should be significantly larger than the sum of the negative ones. Since it is extremely difficult to quantify qualitative aspects, I suggest applying a variation of the Dale Carenegie method on the bouquet of risks and thereby relativizing the subjective feeling of anxiety.
Away with the difusen threats
For this, you only need to answer 2 questions (preferably in writing):
- What is the worst thing that can happen to you?
- How likely is it that this result occurs?
The advantage is that diffuse ideas now have a name and a threat index, which makes them easier to handle.
If you have a special security need, setting up a fallback solution can be helpful. You are designing the change process in such a way that you have the possibility to cancel the process at a few risk points.
This can include a certain financial reserve that gives you enough air to reorganize yourself after a “false start”. This can be an option for a job that you can do if, for example, your freelance project is going badly, contrary to expectations. Incidentally, it can be very sensible and energy-saving to hire a suitable coach who accompanies your own change process.
Resistances in your environment
If you have no resistance or overcome it for you, do not be too happy; Your private and professional environment has more of it. If in doubt, have it next to friends and family Company with most likely three hierarchical levels and plenty of people to do:
Your colleagues, your employees, your superiors, as well as suppliers, internal such as accounting or controlling and external customers. You can already see from this list where the resistance can come from. What helps: good arguments.
Search the dialogue
In principle nothing new: Write down on what and how you want to achieve it. Written formulations are usually preceded by an intensive examination of the question and a structuring of the question. Anyone who has images and visions and can put them into words (also understandable for others) usually knows better where he wants to and can explain to the others.
This is where the rabbit is often peppered: you do not just have to want something yourself, you also have to communicate with others. For example the people who are affected.
Who will take part in the change?
These are the people who are close to you, who have to go along with the change. Uncertainty and uncertainty arise from unclear, incomprehensible, contradictory, or simply false information.
The next stage is skepticism, fear and resistance to change. Communication is also called dialogue; You should ask yourself in this context.
Properly communicate - but how?
One possible idea to improve communication in the company environment is the use of a company wiki in which all relevant information is currently stored. All employees can access, retrieve, ask and answer questions there.
Such an openness in turn means a change within a process of change and must be lived with a long breath across all hierarchical levels.
Speak in pictures
Say what you do and how you do it; and do as you said and as you said you will. Authenticity and commitment. There is nothing to add at this point. Draw a picture of the target situation and address the emotions of the participants
A quote attributed to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry states: “If you want to build a ship, do not drum up men to get wood, prepare tools, assign tasks and divide the work, but teach the men the longing for the vast endless sea. ” Point.
Use questions as opportunities
Skepticism can help to re-examine the process, reinvent it, or even question it. Skeptical questions are designed to help you better understand and optimize your project.
If you can answer the questions, it shows that you have precise ideas about your project. If not, it is initially very annoying. If you react negatively to a factual question, this can be an indication that you have not thought or considered this point. The question has hit the (sore) point.
There are no legal restrictions in the way of your wishes for change? Congratulations, that's a lot easier. Or again not: Because it is almost exclusively the person who takes care of the resistance. Alone or as a group. And when needed, others retreat - like crawdads. Let's start with the solution on your own doorstep.
Your own fear
However, a good idea and a good action plan for implementation is (only) half the battle. The idea is 1%, the implementation is the remaining 99%. If you live more or less as a hermit, it will be easier for you than if you are firmly integrated or “settled” in society or in your environment.
A good idea and a good action plan for implementation is (only) half the battle. The idea is 1%, the implementation is the remaining 99%. If you live more or less as a hermit, it will be easier for you than if you are firmly integrated or “settled” in society or in your environment.
Stuck in the comfort zone
One of the most likely individual resistances is fear: the fear of failure with all sorts of impossible horror scenarios from physical suffering to financial ruin. But also the fear of success and how to deal with it means resistance.
These fears can animate the persistence in the comfort zone. Whoever still fears to make himself the mocking of the people and is already planning how it is to move under foreign names into another country, uses clear too much energy in these fantasies and in a change avoidance.
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).