What does career make?
There is always talk of "making a career". But what does that mean? Most associate it with a rapid and hierarchical rise in a big one Company, The "career ladder climb up", that is, to assert oneself against others, to assert oneself and sometimes to let personal dreams on the left.
But is there only one type of career? No. There are also others where the career is more oriented towards one's own ideas and expectations. Not everyone who occupies a leadership position is automatically happy.
It's more about realizing the goals you set for yourself and being happy with your career - whether sitting in the executive chair or not.
This is more understandable if one translates the term "career" (from the English): What is meant is professional development. This is based on character traits and their own possibilities as well as qualifications. Before you apply for a position, you should first check whether the job offered is right for you and you are the right one. Happy is the one who appreciates his potentials correctly!
Tip: More about - here the Download text or book an eCourse on the topic . Insider News per Newsletter or for Members!
4 career types where you can orient yourself and recover:
- The success-oriented He is distinguished by his determination, his clear goals and his willingness to make sacrifices. The success-oriented sees itself in a leadership position, in which he has a great responsibility and has a decision-making power. This guy is not allowed to be afraid of single or power struggles. Discipline and dominance are essential character traits. A high salary and reputation are the reward for his hard work.
- The family or leisure oriented With this type the family and family planning or the leisure time with friends is at the top place. Working hours must be compatible with everyday life and career. At best, child care is provided. For this type, harmony is particularly important in the workplace. Working hours must be flexible, if the child suddenly becomes sick or the best friend of the child has been concerned about the child's health. It should also be possible to work from home. Longer absence should not be a problem.
- The self-actual If you are looking for challenges and new territory, you can assign yourself to this type. The goal is to realize your own dreams and ideas. This calls for high self-initiative and creativity. This guy feels very well in a start-up company, where he can get himself ambitious and purposeful. He passionately pursues innovative ideas that he is convinced of. The salary and professional standing as well as constant promotions are rather in the background. He must not be afraid of risks and setbacks.
- The down to earth The down-to-earth goes through a classic professional career without pursuing specific goals or demands. He does his work conscientiously and without pressure. This type is long-term in the company and appreciates the routine and safety. He feels connected to the company. He has no problem with subordinating himself and taking instructions. He appreciates regular working hours and a solid salary. He strives for further education but rather without major professional changes and usually takes no risk. Nevertheless, he stands with both legs in life. Having solid ground under your feet can have quite clear advantages: Safety and stability in life are important factors to be able to switch off after work and to enjoy the time with the family.
Checklist: How do I find out which type of trainee I am?
- Request feedback Sometimes the best friends or family know us better than we do ourselves. So why not just ask a person of trust. This way, you can find out whether you may expect too much or underestimate yourself. Alternatively, you could also conduct a personality test, for example with specially trained coaches.
- Search alternatives If you can not unambiguously assign a type, then that is no problem. Personal goals also change with age and professional experience. Try to compromise or search for alternatives. Frequently, a mix of different types is given, since different jobs simply leave different potentials free.
- Learn from the past What can you take with you from your previous jobs? Draw your summary and list the things you liked and those you did not like. This allows you to remember whether you want certain tasks, a specific work environment or colleagues' relations to be your way.
- Select What is your future? List your expectations and goals for the future of your career and deliberately deal with it. Often it also helps to set a timing for the targets, if possible, so that they do not get lost in the sand. Also, talk openly with your employer about your goals so that he / she becomes aware that you have needs and which type of careers you are.
More knowledge - e-courses, text download or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text for 24 hours as PDF or print it out - only for reading! Simply refresh the page after your purchase. Or as Premium Member 1 all texts and eCourses for free:
eBook on Demad put together by us: We put together for you your personal eBook up to 12 texts of your choice together. Or book one email course - including care & certificate.
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or appeal as a job applicant? For these and other topics, we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).