Consider election campaign activities critically
You can see from the campaign activities of Angela Merkel quite critical, even the fact that you as incumbent chancellor due to their prominence a pole position in the media was coming - I think because, for example, that you highlighted before elections on the Google homepage has been.
An interview talk by the magazine Brigitte is also such a feature: Hard political topics are barely touched, while Chancellor 90 has a few minutes to present herself. However, I find it quite interesting to experience Forbes's most powerful woman in the world so near and private.
The most powerful woman in the world quite nearby
For Chancellor Angela Merkel, for example, gives an example of how successful people deal with criticism, get up again after setbacks or change their opinion on certain topics. And there is another important aspect to keep in mind, despite all the criticism: Angela Merkel's appearances are an important contribution to reach even politically rather uninterested people and to encourage them to even vote.
Last but not least: Who wants to become Chancellor for the fourth time, has undoubtedly something to say about success and also takes on a role model. But what does Angela Merkel's recipe for success look like?
The biography of Angela Merkel
Merkel grew up in the GDR and worked there as a physicist at the Central Institute of Physical Chemistry. At the federal election on the 2. December 1990, she first won a parliamentary mandate; In all following seven federal elections she was directly elected in her constituency in Vorpommern. 1991 to 1994 was Merkel Federal Minister for Women and Youth in Cabinet Kohl and 1994 to 1998 Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, also under Helmut Kohl.
2005 replaced Merkel Gerhard Schröder as Chancellor and led a grand coalition with the SPD to 2009, after the federal election 2009 she entered into a black-yellow coalition with the FDP, 2013 followed by a renewed grand coalition, which was continued after the general election 2017 ,
Angela Merkel gives 8 tips on career and success of women
And that's exactly what it's all about: in the magazine Cosmopolitan, Merkel gave women advice from her own personal point of view. 8 tips from the chancellor at a glance:
- Equal rights in the job: "It can not be that a woman with children who does not work part-time or for a certain period of time is no longer considered capable of career development."
- diversity: "Every now and then a male leader must have the courage to take a woman into a leadership position. It is always said that there is no suitable candidate. This is nonsense."
- Mixed leadership as an advantage for Company: "The banking world, for example, is still too one-sidedly dominated by men at the top. If women are in top positions, surely not everything is different - but it is sometimes thought of from a different perspective, above all very pragmatically. In that sense, the economy can certainly benefit from more women in leadership roles. "
- Fathers months: "Employers need to rethink because men also want to take parental leave."
- Banking crisis: "Of course, then one is also angry about what was done by irresponsible people in international markets. But I still can not charge myself with such emotions all the time, but have to do things carefully. "
- Regain strength: "(I get my strength) while cooking, in the garden, hiking in the Uckermark and in conversation with family or friends about quite different than politics."
- Positive aspects of their office: "I tell myself: you can meet so many interesting people. The people you meet are looking forward to seeing you, they have often spent weeks preparing for our meeting. If they come then and I'm in a bad mood and annoyed, then that's sad. Because I know that, I'm in a better mood again. "
- Global politics: "It will become more self-evident (in the future) that you think globally and know that without China or India, for example, you can not solve a global problem."
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960145
English version: ISBN 9783965960152 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).