Digital transformation will force many people to reorient themselves professionally. The main question will be: What can and do I really want?
Writing for you:
Decide - but please immediately!
Professional reorientation begins for many with pondering. It is much more productive, structured and step by step to develop a plan. But the first step is to develop and grow good and crazy ideas. But it should not work:
"I have some ideas of what I could do for a living. I would definitely like to work with people, like in the social field. I can also imagine, in a big international Company to be employed - maybe in marketing or in PR. Or I do something on my own - that would be possible. I just CAN NOT just decide - decision-making is not exactly my greatest strength. But I want to do something else, so I have to make a decision immediately. "
- An optimal decision needs to be thought through I hear a problem description at least once a week. Someone has been pondering for a while, and some approximate notions of what he could do professionally. And now he means to decide. However, he does not see that a half-way decision on this basis is not possible at all. For this, we need well thought-out and clearly defined alternatives.
- It depends on the optimal planning On Day X, where my project plan provides for the decision about my professional future, all possible career paths must be planned as well as possible: costs, risks, application strategies, necessary investments and training and so on. How else should I make a GOOD decision ?! Logically, right?
- Developing concrete goals from dreams This is what the development process of my reorientation project aims at: I have to develop such clear alternatives from a few spongy ideas or dreams and inclinations (or from zero ideas and a state of complete ignorance). This is a long way - and without a concept one goes fast.
- Creativity is only the first step - but an important one! If, for example, car manufacturer XY wants to develop a whole new model, there are only a few very approximate ideas at the beginning. And that's just as well. In order to get really new ideas, we need above all an ability: our creativity. And that in turn requires a lot of space and permission to think in all directions. Only those who dare to think also seemingly nonsensical and unthinkable will ultimately be rewarded with original solutions.
- The crazier the idea, the more original the result When developing the car, it must be allowed in the first phase to think about a mobile with five wheels or a glass floor ... The larger the fundus - even crazy ideas - the higher the probability that pearls are underneath. In the course of the development process, the funnel may and must become narrower: some options, after careful consideration! - rejected, others are further developed to a prototype.
- What I do not want What can I! The development process of the reorientation should also be the same. I recommend reorienters who are willing to look beyond their own eyes, to start with their interests, dreams and desires, and to think of all possible (and impossible) job ideas. What is important is what someone wants to do - not which profile on the market may have some chances!
- When crazy ideas become concrete projects From the best job ideas are done in the next step job projects: That means that is considered how to make the idea - lucrative! - could be realized. The question is not whether you can possibly implement an idea or get a job - but HOW you would have to hire it so that it works. This angle of vision compels us to find detailed solutions and answers. And if the - as far as possible - are found, the decision is very often not so difficult.
More information? Take advantage of our e-courses & personal advice