Business-Trips: Is it also less stressful?
In my circle of acquaintances, I was often able to witness how stressful business tripps can be. Since flights were canceled in the short term or the company-like booking software booked a times just in the ugly hotel in the neighboring city, because to large events all rooms are booked.
You might think business travelers are leading a beautiful life and are also being paid for travel. But usually you are sitting on business tripps any dates in the neck and above all of course the ubiquitous cost pressure:
How to use waiting times and idle
Business trips should be as short as necessary and as cheap as possible. There is hardly time to get to know the country and the people, to make sightseeing, to relax nature or to enjoy other things that you can travel with. Not to mention relaxation.
Or? In fact, in a stopover, shorter or longer waiting times, classic idling, and sometimes quite smart, can be used to experience something exciting. Incidentally, such unusual ideas are also extremely creative and inspiring - and that's what's in demand today in working life.
8 Tips for an extraordinary stopover
So instead of hanging out at the airport or train station, try to do something different. We give 8 suggestions for interesting activities you would not have thought of.
- Go up and down on 2.000 meters: On the way from the train station to the airport, drive up to 2.000 meters and perhaps have a snowball fight in May? Sounds crazy, but in contemplative Innsbruck this is possible in 2-3 hours. First you take directly from the city center the Hungerburgbahn, then you continue with the gondola to Seegrube - beautiful view included. If that is too exhausting, you can also have a coffee in cozy Innsbruck or visit sights such as the Goldende Dach. The airport bus to 4 km outside Airport every 15 minutes.
- Dance: Lunch beats are an invention from Stockholm, where working people meet for lunch during the lunch break and fiddle together for 1-2 hours. There are now also in many German cities. For those who do not care about the time, after-work events are recommended, which are also available in many major cities. Just search for relevant Facebook groups.
- Hiking: Hiking is the easiest thing you can do and also stimulates thought and achievement. Not for nothing LinkedIn co-founder Konstantin Guericke his meetings while hiking and also TV star Manuel Andrack develops concepts for hiking. As well as in the immediate vicinity of each city, there are now well signposted (round) hiking trails for all levels of difficulty, so you can also in a few hours exciting hikes undertake can.
- To go swimming: Especially in the summer it is great to jump into the cool water at high temperatures. But also in the winter this is of course possible, in many cities there are indoor swimming pools. In Berlin you can quickly jump into a lake, for example in the Plötzensee central in Wedding, or a little further outside, the Schlachtensee. A bathing suit of the special kind offers with quasi-caribbean Feeling, however, offers Marseille: By bus (or taxi) one drives in 15 minutes from the center to the district Luminy (here are also the faculty of science of the university), from there one wanders in about 30 minutes to the Calanque of Luminy. Here one bathes between picturesque rocks in the clear water.
- Massage: At many airports there are now massages and massage services. A very good service, which just after 10 hour flight trip very good, I took the intermediate stop to New Zealand in Bankog. Here head, back or foot massages are offered everywhere. Recommendable and cheap.
- Sniff the salt air: If you do not want to go for a walk on the seashore and get a taste of fresh salsa, who does not have the pleasure of doing his stopover in a coastal town or bathing in the spa town of Bad Salzuflen, you can take advantage of another, extremely relaxing facility: a salt cave like this eg in Dusseldorf, gives you the feeling of relaxation and vacation in 20 minutes.
- Boat Tour: If your stopover is in eg Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne or Dusseldorf you are lucky in this respect: here you can relatively easily climb a ship in the city center and make a shorter or longer cruise on the water - in Hamburg or Berlin that even with A public transport ticket is possible because ships or ferries are part of the public means of transport. This is also possible in many other cities. In Bonn, Koblenz or Main, for example, the ship tour can be combined with a trip to the Rhine Valley, in Dresden the Elbe Valley attracts.
- Fly: If you want to do something really exciting and extraordinary, the bay instead of the city tour a round flight. This is admittedly not quite spontaneously possible, but nevertheless cheaper than many think. Similar to the carpooling center, there are possibilities over the Internet as in a kind Mitflugzentrale comparatively cheap with private people to fly.
Of course, not every one of these ideas can be implemented at any time, but perhaps you can also use our suggestions to develop your own ideas for a successful stopover. We wish you a lot of fun and less hassle with your business trips.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).