Business cards - more than an advertisement
Business cards may look old-fashioned, but there's a good reason why you should always have a business card with you. Because an individually designed business card not only helps to exchange personal data or the advertising campaign improve the company, but includes much more:
Alone the gesture the handing over conveys a special closeness and gives the personal contact a new dimension. You should therefore always have business cards handy in your wallet, in your pocket or in the car, to suit them as needed for your business success.
It's all about quality: A perfect business card is worth a thousand words
Business cards say a lot more than you think. People attach more importance than words to an object that they can hold in their hands. Elegant business cards made of high-quality cardboard or paper stimulate the sense of touch and have the feel of a caress.
So it pays to compare the different paper qualities when designing a business card. Some online providers of professional business cards such as viaprinto.de If you wish, we can send you paper samples to help you decide.
Business cards as a work sample and reference
Here you will also find design suggestions for your own personal business card. A business card should make you curious, express your individuality and your values, and identify you as an expert or service provider.
For people in creative professions, it is also a work sample. Noble business cards convey your high standards and are at the same time a status symbol. Avoid using cheap cards and put the design and printing in the hands of professional suppliers.
How To Design Your Business Card Online: 5 Tips
Use business cards as a reminder for people who want to see you again. Of course, you can note the contact details or entered directly into the smartphone.
- Format: First choose the format of the card. Classic, but also inconspicuous is the landscape format 85 × 54 mm. This practical card in the typical credit card size will fit into any card holder. A portrait format already stands out from the crowd. Business cards in larger formats are noticeable, but can be interpreted by conservative business partners as showmanship and arrogance.
- Content: Limit yourself to the essential information. These include company name and logo, first and last name, position, telephone number, address, email address and website, if necessary online profile or blog. Choose a maximum of two easy-to-read fonts and systematically split text blocks. Forgoing text and unnecessary bells and whistles.
- material: The usual business cards are made of paper or cardboard. Different grammages, finely structured or smooth surfaces turn a small piece of paper into a haptic experience. For example, emphasize the company logo with an embossing, choose a high-quality linen texture, a partial finish or metallic accents for a lasting impression.
- The right material: Support the core message of your company when choosing the material. Imaginative business cards made of metal, leather, wood, chocolate or transparent plastic should suit the respective business area.
- Design elements: Decisive for the design of the company card is the corporate identity of the company. Within the CI colors, typefaces and logo are given. The business card should therefore be subordinate to the uniform advertising appearance of the company. The self-employed and artists are much freer when it comes to designing their business cards. Not infrequently, creative business cards also serve as work samples and signal the wealth of ideas of the other person.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).