Always stay in the here and now!
Even if you bounce between tasks, you always remain mindful of the one task you are doing NOW. You're going to see. And you will feel better and no longer rushed by their duties.
But there are other tips: For example, do not postpone things, but work away. Take breaks and do sports - and have sex.
10 Tips against Burnout
- Take every opportunity for physical activity: Not only from a health perspective, you should treat your body to stairs instead of the lift. Movement stimulates the circulation of the brain, so that synapses are increasingly formed, as a study by the Cologne Sporthochschule shows: Nordic walking in this discipline loosely breaks every brain jogging program. My tip: Design your workplace so that you have to get up again and again, in order to achieve certain things, because every movement builds stress!
- Stay initiative: Don't give the "defermentitis" a chance: Get rid of unpleasant tasks or conversations quickly. Otherwise, resentment about your own behavior grows every hour. Solve the most unpleasant tasks immediately - and reward yourself for it! For example with a consciously spent break!
- Delegate - if you can: Hand over one or two tasks to employees, even if you think you can do everything better yourself. You may have to explain and improve a lot at the beginning, but in the end the strategy pays off. You gain freedom, time and, above all, an overview of the really important things! I know it doesn't always work ... see above.
- Take breaks: Miracles can work for a few seconds: open your office window and take a deep breath three times. This breaks the stress spiral. Such “unproductive” moments are not a waste of time, but are important for regeneration. And didn't you get the best ideas in these moments?
- Here and now! You feel stressed when your thoughts always revolve around what still has to be done. Keep your mind on the task you are working on NOW. Work through all tasks as if they were pearls on a chain and focus your attention exclusively on the current “pearl”. The advantages are that you get on with your work faster, the stress decreases.
- Clean up: Prioritize and divide your tasks into essential, important and trivial. And learn to say no to both others and yourself - throw the trivial tasks in the filing “P”. Otherwise, you will continue to be overwhelmed with work - and will not get rid of your problems. My tip for the “brave”: postpone all of them after your vacation eMails in tray “P” instead of reading and answering it. And notice what happens. Probably nothing ...
- Please switch! Try to make it a habit to switch: For example, when you leave the job, cross a virtual line. Once you've passed that, work and all thoughts on it are ticked off - until you cross the line the next time. So you leave the “old” field behind when you switch to a different environment.
- Less work, more sex! An investigation by the University of Göttingen has shown that about one in three men with an unsatisfying love life in work falls into work. This leaves the sex frustration forgotten, but creates for itself a lot of stress, which in turn has a negative impact on the partnership. Break through this devil circle, dedicate yourself to your relationship!
Now you have an overview of what you can do to prevent burnout. Find out more in the other parts of our series!
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965961326
English version: ISBN 9783965961333 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).