Professionals desperately wanted?
Recently Stefan Schwarzgruber of Stackoverflow 7 Tips for Recruiters to Address IT Professionals via eMail given. That such tips are even necessary shows how difficult the situation of companies is.
Then the increasingly rapid development demands a lot from them. And those who do not then service the orders due to missing specialists will not be able to withstand the competition and have clear competitive disadvantages. And also politicians, led by Chancellor Angela Merkel, emphasize again and again that Germany's future viability will continue to be determined by its innovative strength and that both politics and the economy must continue to invest here.
Applicants: The right strategy required
Nevertheless, to believe that you just need to stop by employer and then get hired is the wrong way and would be a bit naive for the bidder. But that's exactly what many seem to believe, who complain afterwards but have not found a job.
Not least that shows up Best of HR – Berufebilder.de® For years, there was a discussion about skills shortages, but even good professionals need an equally good application strategy to find a job. And the applicants should also suit the company they want to work with.
In a nutshell, this means for graduates and young professionals in engineering that the efforts to get a skilled job and attractive employer really pay off. But: like any other Casting The right strategy also determines the success and failure of the application.
- Analyze your own ideas: Before it goes to the job postings, the applicant should be aware of what precise ideas he or she has of the future job. Strengths and weaknesses should be carefully weighed and written down. In this way, the subsequent assessment and selection of job offers is much easier and the search has more chances of success.
- Curriculum vitae with structure: A well-structured CV is the be-all and end-all of professional application documents. It makes sense to mention the last employment first, so that the HR can immediately get an idea of the current fields of activity and competencies.
- Soft skills emphasize: The candidate should ensure that so-called key competencies such as creativity or intercultural competence are included. For applications in management positions and jobs which require a great deal of teamwork, it is a valuable feature to be able to present a clear performance profile against the competition. Also, hobbies that show commitment and team strength should be included in the CV. Of secondary importance here are general occupations, which do not stress a particular facet of personality.
- Leave an impression: What is presented in the curriculum vitae in a concise, clear tabular form should be formulated precisely and coherently in the cover letter. Whether Germanist or engineer: A re-enumeration of the CV should not take place here. Rather, it is important to clarify why the candidate is seeking that particular job in this one company and how his skills can be of benefit to the company.
- Make the personal suitability clear: In addition, you should answer the question of what reason you think fit for this job. Concrete examples or experiences, for example, based on practiced activities, are convincing arguments. Personal strengths can also be mentioned to round off the cover letter. In any case, the candidate should refrain from using common phrases or allegations which can not be specifically substantiated.
- Direct contact: A decisive advantage, which is often underestimated, can be the personal contact with the responsible contact person in the preferred company. Not only does this offer the opportunity to receive more specific information about the vacant position, the applicant can arouse the curiosity of the HR manager on the phone and thus significantly increases the chance that the application documents will be examined more closely. However, the phone call should be well prepared. “Between door and rod” - conversations can damage the impression, especially if the applicant sounds rushed or stressed.
- Women on the rise: Fortunately, women are on the rise in both IT and engineering, and are often given targeted support because, overall, their share in this area is still well below that of men. So your chances are doubly good to be hired by an attractive employer with professional application documents and thus actively contribute to the fact that Germany remains one of the most important innovation carriers in the global economy.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).