Spiritual scientist - worldly, idealistic and only fit for a university career? Such prejudices make it difficult for cultural, social and linguistic researchers to enter their professional life. This book shows how the career can still be achieved.
The problem of traditional occupational fields
Traditional occupational fields such as museums, cultural areas and universities currently offer too few perspectives.
It's time for the graduates to rethink. However, they often lack clearly structured information about the variety of opportunities they have.
Motivation for new ideas
This is where this book begins: In a structured overview, it shows the students what they can do if the hoped-for job does not start directly after the graduation. The latest information helps to make an optimal decision.
It deliberately aims to motivate the readers to open up new paths outside of the previously known ones in their own initiative.
What if a doctoral degree not only opens the way to a scientific career, but also expands the personal horizon abroad? But how is it financed? What are the prospects for postgraduateCourses and professional development?
What should be considered when choosing the right offer? Or is the MBA an alternative for humanities scholars? Are internships and simple jobs just a makeshift solution or a first stop on the way to a “dream job”? And what are the opportunities and risks of starting a business, especially for small entrepreneurs?
Press comments to the book
Frank Walzl wrote a very nice review on my book “The Optimal Career Entry - Perspectives for Humanities Scientists” on May 07th, 2007. He didn't find much to criticize.
“I'm not exaggerating when I say that Ms. Janson's book is the best guidebook on the market. The book was worked through quickly. It can take a few weeks before the extensive checklists, book recommendations and link lists are followed up. ”
Gianna Reich has my book “The optimal career start. Perspectives for humanities scholars ”on February 5, 2012, highly praised on Geisteswirtschaft.de:
“In her book, Ms. Janson bluntly guides you through the mostly confusing job market for humanities scholars with a lot of valuable information. If you want to delve into a certain topic as a reader, you can refer to the generous lists of literature and links at the end of each chapter. ”
In the following media my book “The Optimal Career Entry. Perspectives for Humanities Scientists ”also recommended:
- Christina Kestel, “Humanities scholars should. What career counselors recommend ”in: FAZ Hochschulanzeiger No. 96, 2008, page 34
- On February 09, 2012, the press agency DAPD published my book “The Optimal Career Entry. Perspectives for Humanities Scientists ”recommended.
- “Job fairs for humanities scholars” in: FAZ Hochschulanzeiger, 93/2007
- “The humanities. Classroom Ideas ”in: Foundation reading, 15 / 2007
- University of Hanover, 03 / 2007
- Frank Walzel, “A compass for an optimal career start”, May 17.05.2007, XNUMX - http://www.unternehmensgeist.de
- "Professions for intellectual spirits" in TU intern TU Berlin, 12 / 2006
- Mira-Kristin Muth, “Optimal career entry - prospects for humanities scholars” on, 2008
- “Frank Walzel in the weblog of Berufebilder.de ”, January 21.1.2006, XNUMX
- Bernd Roethlingshofer, “Virtual book presentation at a student conference”, July 18.07.2007, XNUMX
- ekz information service 08/2007 -
- Reader reviews at Amazon
Learn more - eBook made to measure, eCourse on Demand or personal advice
eBook custom made: You want a book on a topic of your choice? We are happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver in a format of your choice. Please enter when booking under "interests" your desire.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).