Women are underrepresented in many cases
Emancipation has made progress - and yet women and girls are still underrepresented in many areas of society.
For the same performance, women earn much less than their male counterparts in the same job. Especially in the workplace, leadership positions are still predominantly occupied by men.
Are women thinking too much about clichés?
It is undeniable: women still have at the application for higher positions worse cards than men.
What is the reason? Not always in the conservative image of women. A male conspiracy against women's emancipation is not always behind.
6 Tips for the best application photo
Rather, it is the women themselves who are too oriented in their appearance to gender-specific role stereotypes. And “guilt” is sometimes simply bad application photos. 6 tips on how to do it better:
- Keep in mind: When photographers tell of application shoots with women, the same movie always takes place: The candidates want to look attractive and friendly at all costs. Also at the price of their own self-esteem. Because quickly the wrong signals are sent out. With lowered head and a submissive look from below, with open hair, big eyes and a gentle smile, women hope to capture the attention of the staff and finally the coveted job.
- Not too modest: You can influence your own charisma as well as the perception of the counterpart. We do this every day, but rarely conscious. Instead, we use unconscious strategies to achieve our goals - in a professional as well as in a private or corporate life. Unfortunately women of these possibilities often make a wrong use, with which they harm themselves. In the plain text: If women are to put themselves on the scene, they slip almost automatically into the familiar behavior patterns. In false modesty and self-esteem, they slip into the role of naive, incompetent woman and hope to awaken sympathy.
- Competence matters: The job allocation is still about competence. But it is mediated by another body language. The woman shows herself confidently and competently - and quite by the way, quasi-naturally, also sympathetically. Scientific studies have shown that feminine attractiveness is by no means an advantage in occupations where perseverance, perseverance and logical thinking are in demand.
- A little more masculine: For scientific research has shown: masculinity is trump. Indeed, a study by the University of Colorado has even mentioned the discrimination of beautiful women when applying in traditional men's professions. This study also shows that handsome men are preferred in all professional fields. 2003 drew the diploma sociologist Anke von Rennenkampff in her doctoral thesis to the importance of slaughter-typical attributes in the application.
- Pay attention to the subconscious: Many people unconsciously orient themselves to gender stereotypes. According to this, men are not always preferred, but applicants with male attributes, so that women with rather masculine facial expressions have greater chances of the job than their more feminine competitors. Most decision-makers were convinced, however, that their decision was independent of gender cliques, but they were very unconscious.
- Self-broadcast: A self-assured atmosphere can be produced. Of course, that does not mean that woman is best looking for a leadership position or a typical male career as a man. But on the contrary. But with a little make-up, a discreet smile and a withdrawn hair as well as a serious and high-profile outfit, a very impressive picture of the woman can be designed. And, of course, the pose is important: self-confident, upright, with a raised head and a direct view into the camera - a picture at eye level.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960381
English version: ISBN 9783965960398 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).