10 advantages of video tutorials
Once created, videos can be used multiple times and make knowledge transfer possible anytime, anywhere. The advantage for learners is that the visual component makes context and content clearer and easier to remember. Videos are often more efficient and personal than written instructions, and the effort required is usually less than expected.
Particularly in the case of company training, videos are suitable in many ways, to speed up the learner's succession and to make seminars more efficient:
- Less seminars: Developments mean for Company usually an additional cost factor - employees drop out for several hours, sometimes even several days in the workplace, in addition to accommodation and subsistence costs for external events. This raises the question of whether actually all employees have to be brought together costly to be brought to the new state. How many costs would a company save if it offered 10 percent of the seminars completely as a video course?
- Videos for new learning content: New employees also benefit from videos as well as employees who have not been able to attend a seminar due to their illness, and who are able to make up for their neglected learning content in this way. In addition, employees often sacrifice their weekend for training, which limits motivation and enthusiasm. Targeted and individually used training videos provide relief here.
- Videos for preparation: Many trainers use the opportunity to make videos available in advance of a seminar, with which the participants can prepare themselves more thoroughly for the course contents. In the actual seminar there is already a basic knowledge of the participants, so that they can quickly enter the subject matter and learn contents can be taught very practically. An additional advantage lies in the permanent availability of the videos, whereby employees can use them according to their individual learning time.
- Presentation of presentations: Training sessions are often based on presentations, which are not very convincing. A video recording is a much more effective way of distributing the slides than the course itself. If a presentation is recorded live, employees can view the recording later in the office in quieter conditions. Since the recording contains both the slides and the associated soundtrack, the connections become more comprehensible and can be interpreted correctly. The possibility of pausing, rewinding and repeating the lecture comes counter to the learning behavior.
- FAQs: Video instead of repetition: Certain questions appear more frequently and repeat themselves, for example, how do I create an account, where can I find the presentation documents, how do I submit a billing statement? Instead of answering these questions time after time and focusing on time-consuming explanations, the trainer can store FAQ videos that can be accessed by the participants in case of need.
- Personalized feedback and instructions: The tight timetable for further training leaves little room for personal feedback, and training managers are rarely able to deal intensively with individual employees. A remedy is provided by feedback videos, which the head of training can then take back afterwards for certain employees. It is about short instructions, feedback and deepening explanations. Such videos are particularly easy to create, since the main focus here is the knowledge transfer and less the visual aspect.
- Direct feedback: Video apps provide direct feedback on presentation training or active training. With Coach's Eye, for example, lectures can be recorded with the mobile device and then analyzed directly. In this way, trainers have the opportunity to give the participants concrete indications and suggestions for improvement. This method also proves to be useful when employees prepare presentations and practice them at home.
- Evaluate learning outcomes: Permanent feedback on optimization is a key tool in training. A fast survey embedded in a video allows participants to quickly gather feedback on possible improvements to the course. In the same way, the knowledge of the participants can also be queried and controlled.
- Staff Files Videos are also a great way to promote and optimize knowledge transfer among employees. For example, employees can record their own work flows and make them available to colleagues on a central platform. With simple video tools, employees can create tutorials on any conceivable scenario without prior knowledge and time. "How do I create a new customer in the database?" and "Here are the changes that we will publish tomorrow on the website" are just two examples.
- QR codes in case of need: To ensure that employees can access information when they need it, QR codes are helpful. You can then call up the corresponding video motorials. For example, the operation of a device in a video can be explained. Employees can then retrieve the video on a mobile device using the QR code attached to the machine.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).