From the author:
Empathy counts: respond to customers
Important in Emotional Selling is also to perceive how your counterpart is really ticking. This is usually something customers can do about the following:
- What is he saying to you now verbally and non-verbally?
- How is his body language: more towards you and open or yet closed and turned away from you?
- He speaks loudly or quietly, fast or slow, rhetorically honed or rather simply in the choice of words
- And above all: What does he want to tell you between the lines?
Read between the lines
There, most of the information is hidden, there are the real emotional motivations again.
So what helps us as a salesperson to empathize with other people is asking questions and then actively listening.
How to win the trust of other people
Imagine this: How would you feel if you, as a customer, were facing a salesman who fulfills all the following points:
- He is totally focused on you
- He asks you questions first and then hears even listening properly.
- You are facing someone who you can look at and look at his body language, that he is really interested in you.
Better selling: Listening is the first step
Would you feel well and even finally understood? This is the case for most customers who are allowed to experience something like this. Listening is one of the first steps to gain the trust of the customer.
Unfortunately, this remains a nice dream for many customers. To make this a reality for your customers, you should keep reading.
7 tips to recognize customer needs
If you want to sell something, it's a good idea to rate your customers correctly. Because only if you fulfill the wishes of your customer, you will bring the trade also to a good conclusion. The means to retain customers: storytelling. 7 quick tips:
- Make sure that your body language is open, ie facing the customer, hands in the field of view of the customer, arms loosely on the body (not clasped).
- Keep eye contact with your customer in a natural way (do you know these bull-bulls?). Let the customer finish.
- Even if it is sometimes difficult: stay focused in conversation and please do not be distracted: you could not notice something important.
- Please be patient with so-called multiple speakers: through clever interrogation, you can get to the point.
- Work with approval signals or noises such as "mhm" (Dear female readers, you certainly know that from telephoning ...). This signals to the customer - especially on the phone, if he can not see you - that you are still "in the matter". But please use these lute portioned: a "mhm" every 2 seconds seems implausible and confused only.
- From time to time repeat what you said in your own words, so that you can be sure that you are on the right track. It is also called paraphrasing.
- If you have not understood something correctly, ask, ask questions. Always try to capture what the other really means, tell your customer what you've heard between the lines.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).