Prevent reputational osteoporosis
Reputation has a lot to do with 'backbone'. But looking around the business, many people seem to suffer from reputational osteoporosis. Only those who have strong bones and thus a strong backbone can stand up for themselves and their position.
Going too long compromises and doing things that you can not actually represent, are - figuratively speaking - the bones fragile and damaged the backbone. Reputational osteoporosis threatens. In people with this disease, a small shock or some headwind enough and then they fall over - and hurt yourself. The damage for you as an entrepreneur, manager or self-employed person as well as for the company is enormous. And most of the time.
Osteoporosis prevention for a good reputation
For osteoporosis prevention calcium and vitamin D must be added to the body. In addition, you should be active regularly and keep moving. The mineral calcium and the hormone vitamin D strengthen our body and our bones and are our power.
These three points also apply to the reputation, our reputation:
- Our values and beliefs form that Reputation calcium, Because calcium is important for stability. Values that we believe in and that guide us safely through life give us stability. This is a good reason to keep taking this mineral over and over again, as we regularly call our minds, that which is important to us in life, into consciousness.
- Vitamin D is also called sun vitamin because the body can only make it by itself when exposed to sunlight. It is the same with the Reputation Vitamin DGo out and meet exciting people! The Reputation Vitamin D is formed by our activity with other people. The positive attitude is reflected in a growing and high-quality network and in the support of our personal environment.
- The continuous communication is in the figurative sense the Reputation movement, Our communication and thus also our reputation work should therefore remain in constant motion. Because that is often the number one mistake: most people communicate only when they need something. Politicians before the elections, entrepreneurs in front of an important building project and the self-employed, when the order situation has already fallen sharply. But that's not how reputation works!
Take position and show backbone
Unfortunately, many entrepreneurs do not show their thoughts, their beliefs often and clearly enough. They prefer to remain silent instead of taking a stand and taking a very clear stand and representing it.
It seems easier to understate one's behavior than to show what it's about to contribute to society. But once the Shitstorm breaks in on social media about someone, the problems are hard to fix. Whoever begins to communicate only when the call is already suffering, is always in the more difficult position.
Profile by individuality
It is a natural need of many people to be liked. Out of the desire to do it justice and not to offend, many behave invisibly. Without their own opinion and point of view, they are swimming with the stream.
But only a profiled person is still perceived today. Our strength lies in the individuality. This personal 'standing up' needs courage. However, we are also thanked for reaching out to the right people and receiving feedback.
Reputation needs movement
But personality alone is not enough for a good reputation. There are countless exciting personalities in the business world. Personalities with character who have internalized clear values and represent them to the outside world. Personalities who have a lot to talk about and actually are both with their legs in life.
However, these personalities have partly missed strengthening their reputation and 'keeping it moving'. Maybe it was not important enough to them. Perhaps because of their societal influences, they have refrained from positioning themselves and their person in a positive way and anchoring them in the general consciousness.
Rehabilitation as a long, tedious way
It is often enough those personalities who become victims of reputation-damaging communication through a small and careless own misstep or sometimes through external circumstances.
In this case, a medial gust of wind is enough to throw these people completely off track. Rebuilding your own reputation and building the image is a hard and sometimes long journey.
Managers must keep their bearings
We willingly invest a great deal of time and money to increase our products or services and their impact on the public. However, when it comes to ourselves, our health or our reputation, we often rely on luck and hope that nothing will happen.
3 tips for more posture
- Take attitude. Say what you think and why.
- Communicate and publish. Regularly.
- Network. With style.
Prevention is more advisable than cure
We forget that you can restore products and services faster than our health or our reputation. Prevention is therefore more advisable than cure or howl - especially with reputational osteoporosis.
3 Tips for Avoiding Reputation Osteoporosis
- Become aware of your personal values and beliefs.
- Be aware of what the Sense in your life and the meaning of your work. What did you compete for here?
- Be authentic, do not hide behind roles and masks. Come out of the crowd
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960503
English version: ISBN 9783965960510 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).