This entry contains content and information that may be out of date, eg due to legal or statistical changes. Because it can still be helpful to get an overview of the topic, you can still find it here.
Insurance in the test
The Warentest Foundation has initially tested 2007 4000 accident insurance (stand 0April 2007), which you can call here. Overall, the Haftungskasse Darmstadt has cut off the best. However, the result is not binding because the test winner and some other tested insurance companies have already announced changes to the tariff.
Some insurance companies advertise with a so-called contribution rebate. Sounds good, but is not worth it! With such a model, you will pay significantly higher contributions, of which you will later bear a portion with approx. Four percent interest and withhold various processing fees. Contrary to the name, the actual insurance premiums for the accident protection are not repaid, but you only combine the insurance with a savings contract or a life insurance with low yield and often high and opaque processing fees. Instead, please deposit your savings separately!
6 Tips for searching
Look for the most complete insurance possible, which assumes probable risks, but not the unlikely extras. Part 1 in the following overview shows you what to look for and what you can do without:
- Progression: You can arrange a progressive disability scale. That is, starting from a disability of 25 percent, the percentage is doubled, from 50 percent tripled, and so on. Depending on the insurance contract, the percent full disability score increases to 300 (P300 tariff) or even 500 (P500 tariff) percent. In the case of total disability, three or five times the sum insured is paid out. Of course you pay higher premiums for a high progression. Nevertheless, these tariffs usually offer a better value for money. However: With a disability up to 25 percent the normal linear tariff usually provides the same amount as a policy with a high progression.
- Dynamics: On the other hand, if you set dynamics, the sum insured increases dynamically according to an agreed fixed percentage per year. Of course, the premiums increase accordingly. This dynamic is intended for career starters who can initially pay only low premiums. An entry-level policy so to speak. However, if necessary, only a smaller sum insured is available. Especially career starters have no other protection, but are often more active and thus vulnerable to injury. You should therefore immediately close a sufficiently high insurance.
- Hospital Cash / money recovery / Injury Benefit: You may also agree to receive hospitalization allowance or, after discharge from hospital, a recovery allowance. It is also possible to pay an accident daily allowance based on the degree of impairment of the ability to work. These benefits are worthwhile, however, only if you have agreed as a self-employed with your health insurance a tariff, after you receive no sick pay or - in the private health insurance - sickness allowance. And: The corresponding rates of health insurance are usually cheaper, because there also gives money in case of sick leave.
- Immediate benefits: Some insurance companies offer to pay fixed capital (immediate payments) or a painkill for certain serious injuries. Other payments include payments for cosmetic surgery for disfigurement, accident or salvage costs, which are not or only partially taken over by the health insurance funds. In addition, certain care services are offered, such as shopping and house cleaning. Many of these benefits are covered by health insurance.
- Part Insurance: Such cut-out insurances offer insurance cover only for certain, clearly defined accidents: Example occupant accident insurance: You can insure passengers of a certain motor vehicle according to flat rate system (all seats of the vehicle are insured) or the place system (only certain places are insured). However, the risks of this additional insurance are partly covered by health insurance or motor liability insurance. Or supplementary accident insurance: As a rule, a life insurance covers all deaths. Therefore, such cutouts often are not worthwhile because they only cover very specific risks. Even if the contributions seem low at first glance, the price-performance ratio is usually poor.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).