Company celebrations: crossing points of the corporate culture
Even today, festivities are in the Company Often ignored by management "events" that are committed without further notice by supervisors.
In fact, these celebrations are cross-cultural crossroads where departments that otherwise rarely interact outside the normal course of the year meet.
Opportunities for the management
These are events that offer a great opportunity for sensitive management to have a style-defining effect on the entire corporate culture. It provides an important opportunity to demonstrate the competence of individual departments within the company.
Organizing a corporate event could make the performance of an entire department visible to the business - a particular example of internal customer focus.
12 tips for the company party
In order for the company party to be positive for all participants, there are a few points to consider. After all, you worked on your image for a whole year, but you do not want to destroy that one evening.
With these tips 12 you can see colleagues and bosses the day after with a clear conscience in the eye.
- Be punctual! This shows respect and appreciation towards the hosts.
- Cancellation, if there is no other way.
- Rethink gifts: If "Wichteln" is already on the program, then you could do that with books.
- Vouchers: What to give, if everyone has everything? Vouchers are impersonal, but often better if you do not know exactly what the employees want. Meaningful and stylish are vouchers for food or for work clothes and business outfit. The entrepreneurs make a meaningful present to the employees and they receive an official invoice for their work clothes.
- Donate: Donations can be an alternative if well thought out. Customers can be informed about their own donation activity, but business partners to donate is a no-go.
- Dress code: Dress more elegant than usual. The tie is quite fitting - and if you're the only man with a tie, you can still take it off. Women abstain from daring or too fashionable outfits, after all, it is a corporate appearance and not a private party.
- Alcohol in moderation: You should know how much you can tolerate, because the next working day is sure to come. Avoid misogynist or inappropriate jokes. The company party is not the right place to get rid of pent up trouble of the year.
- Strategic Small Talk: Do not just talk to your favorite colleagues, but also seek out the conversation with other colleagues. Limit yourself to general topics, business, political, over-the-top, or gossip.
- You or you? Basically, the company party should not change the distance between colleagues or supervisors. If the boss still offers you the word, pay attention to the way he speaks to you the next day. If he reminds you again, you should react professionally and pass over to you. Listen attentively to the speeches of the superiors.
- Plan seating arrangement: Note table culture and table manners, because after all, you are on an official mission and represent the company.
- Food: At the buffet you do not load your plate full. You can go as often as you want to get a lookup, but keep the order. Use the napkin, but do not put it in the cutout.
- A good ending: Pleasant guests know when it's time to leave. Say goodbye and thank the hosts.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).