Company celebrations: crossing points of the corporate culture
Even today, festivities in the company are often “events” that are ignored by management and which are celebrated without further notice by superiors.
In fact, these celebrations are cross-cultural crossroads where departments that otherwise rarely interact outside the normal course of the year meet.
Opportunities for the management
These are events that offer a great opportunity for sensitive management to have a style-defining effect on the entire corporate culture. It provides an important opportunity to demonstrate the competence of individual departments within the company.
Organizing a corporate event could make the performance of an entire department visible to the business - a particular example of internal customer focus.
12 tips for the company party
In order for the company party to be positive for all participants, there are a few points to consider. After all, you worked on your image for a whole year, but you do not want to destroy that one evening.
With these tips 12 you can see colleagues and bosses the day after with a clear conscience in the eye.
- Be punctual! This shows respect and appreciation towards the hosts.
- Cancellation, if there is no other way.
- Rethink gifts: If “imp” is already on the program, you could do that with books.
- Vouchers: What to give if everyone already has everything? Vouchers are impersonal, but they are often more suitable if you do not know exactly what the employees want. Sense- and stylish are vouchers for groceries or for work clothes and business outfits. The entrepreneurs give the employees a meaningful gift and they receive an official invoice for their work clothing.
- Donate: Donations can be an alternative if well thought out. Customers can be informed about their own donation activity, but business partners to donate is a no-go.
- Dress code: Dress more elegantly than usual. The tie is perfectly fitting - and if you're the only man wearing a tie, you can always take it off. Women forego daring or overly fashionable outfits; after all, it's a company appearance and not a private party.
- Alcohol in moderation: You should know how much you can tolerate, because the next working day is sure to come. Avoid misogynist or inappropriate jokes. The company party is not the right place to get rid of pent up trouble of the year.
- Strategic Small Talk: Do not just talk to your favorite colleagues, but also seek out the conversation with other colleagues. Limit yourself to general topics, business, political, over-the-top, or gossip.
- You or you? In principle, the company party should not change the distance between colleagues or superiors. If the boss offers you the you word anyway, pay attention to how he addresses you the next day. If he hits you again, you should react professionally and also go over to you. Listen carefully to what your superiors say.
- Plan seating arrangement: Note table culture and table manners, because after all, you are on an official mission and represent the company.
- Food: At the buffet you do not load your plate full. You can go as often as you want to get a lookup, but keep the order. Use the napkin, but do not put it in the cutout.
- A good ending: Pleasant guests know when it's time to leave. Say goodbye and thank the hosts.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965961883
English version: ISBN 9783965961890 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).