No economic stimulus program for competitors
Why are so many sellers neglecting the topic of systematic new customer acquisition? There are different reasons for this.
Not so rare, even long-standing sellers are afraid of addressing strangers and can not handle a rejection well. Others are again worried that the initial contact is expected to be too low and then the arguments are missing.
There are no secure customers
No supplier can trust that his customers are safe in the long term. From day to day it can happen that an important customer breaks away.
Not even the seller has done anything wrong. One customer is another Company bought, goes into bankruptcy or the buyer changes and wants to work with new suppliers.
Avoid pressure during acquisition
If sellers only engage in new customer acquisition when they really need sales, they are under pressure. Sellers who rely on orders do not look attractive to their negotiating partner, and often enough they only buy new customers through high discounts.
However, those who regularly engage in conversation with potential customers, who know and communicate their decisive added value, will automatically gain new customers sooner or later. After all, those who are not reliant on new customers will appear more confident and thus increase their attractiveness to their preferred customers.
Use your own experience
Every seller actually knows that it makes sense to put themselves in the shoes of the customer. But hardly anyone does it really and one hundred percent. Put the test to the test and look for a supplier for a specific problem that you would like to be solved.
You will notice how challenging it is to find trust in the right provider. Learn from these experiences - and make it easier for your customers to come to you.
Five tips for succeeding in new customer acquisition
Customers always buy. The question is: what from whom? Anyone who has a good offer is morally obliged to present it. Thus, the (new) customer acquisition easier:
- Communicate customer-relevant strengths: For customers it is sometimes very demanding to distinguish good offers from less good ones. This does not mean the cheaper price, but the decisive added value that is relevant for interested parties .-> Check whether your written offers, image brochures and the website make it easy to see when and why you are the right supplier!
- To prove our expertise: Talking about success is one thing; Proven to make customers successful, the other. With pictures, statements, awards and much more potential customers can be conveyed the feeling of security, that the change of supplier is worthwhile .-> Is the professionalism and competence clearly recognizable in your entire appearance (correspondence, website, company car, ...)?
- Define target groups exactly: Whether phone calls, mailings, trade fair appearances or other measures of customer acquisition: No one can be the right provider for all. Therefore, it is important to be there where the appropriate target group is, which optimally fits the loot scheme of the provider. -> Do you know the companies for which you would be the optimal supplier - and do you now know them?
- Do not confuse silence with listening: People buy from people. But it is common practice in sales that vendors "talk dead" their potential customers, instead of entering into a real dialogue with them. An original conversation hanger helps to attract the attention of the desired customer .-> What challenge do your customers have and how can you make them appreciative in the first contact and aware that they are the optimal solution?
- Not only talk, but also deliver: To get the job is one thing; to fulfill this to the fullest satisfaction, the other. One of the main reasons why many customers remain loyal to their suppliers, even if they are not one hundred percent satisfied with them, is that they are afraid that after a change everything becomes even more difficult and complicated .-> How can you ensure that Do you really realize what you have promised in the acquisition?
New customer acquisition is also the responsibility of the sales managers
- Give your salespeople time to win new customers. At the same time, request the regular proof of their activities.
- Identify desired customers together and discuss strategies for acquiring new customers with your employees.
- Think about customer loyalty measures for your best customers - because your best customers are the customers of your competitors.
Sellers can only be as good as their company
Sellers can only be as good as the company and the people behind it. The success of the seller is based not least on the fact that he is the link between two businesses in his person. Like every human, he has strengths and weaknesses.
If the latter are not only perceived by his company, but positively influenced by appropriate support and good strategies, this can lead to a long-term profitable constellation. For the seller, for the entrepreneur and last but not least for the customer.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).