Interview questions - a top topic
There is no doubt that the topic of “questions during an interview” is booming, and we notice that again and again in the number of hits on relevant topics. Not only that numerous application guides want to prepare for tricky questions in job interviews, our cooperation partner Glassdoor has now collected the toughest questions from German job interviews in its community for the second time.
For this, 2.400 was used to examine and evaluate questions from discussion meetings, which were published last year by applicants from Germany at Glassdoor.
Questions from bizarre to meaningful
There are also some oddities in the top 10: For example, the question of which candy bar to match your personality. However, the majority of the top 10 are job-related and understandable somewhere - even if the answer to the question “What did you learn last week” should not be less difficult.
One thing is clear: job seekers nowadays have to be prepared for everything in the interview. This is because HR managers ask complex questions to test applicants' critical thinking abilities and to challenge creativity and spontaneous problem-solving skills.
What matters for applicants
Applicants are: It is less important to provide the exact answer, which usually does not exist anyway. Rather, they should prove their solution competence and show how they work their way step by step to the right solution. In short, it depends on how you approach such questions.
From this point of view, the countless preparatory application guides and tips should also include this one Article Heard, seen here: it is not a question of learning all the questions by heart and then having the appropriate answers ready - even if one or the other would like it.
The Top 10 of the Whimsical Questions
Rather, applicants are best prepared to make introductory talks by being inspired by the questions in their creativity. In this sense: Good success in the interview.
- “How many Deutsche Post mailboxes are on the streets of Germany?” - Provided to PwC to an applicant as a senior consultant (Frankfurt am Main).
- "What did you learn last week?" - Provided at trivago to an applicant as a software engineer (Düsseldorf).
- “How many Smarties can fit in a VW bus?” - Provided to Zeb to an applicant in the area of strategy and organization (Munich).
- “You get on the elevator and the CEO is in the elevator. What would you say to him to leave a lasting impression? ” - Presented at Vodafone to an applicant for the Discover trainee program (Düsseldorf).
- “How many cappuccinos are sold in Manhattan every day?” - Placed at Accenture to an applicant as a strategy consultant (Kronberg im Taunus).
- “If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it as an entrepreneur?” - Presented to an applicant for the Leadership Development Program (Munich) at Burger King.
- "What was the biggest failure in your life and how did you deal with it?" - Submitted to an applicant for the Functional Trainee Program (Herzogenaurach) at the adidas Group.
- “If you would like to furnish all apartments in NRW with parquet, how much wood would have to be cut down in the Black Forest?” - Placed at ThyssenKrupp to an applicant as a manager (Essen).
- "If the chocolate bar" Mars "were a person, what would it be like?" - Submitted to an applicant in the area of Market Research (Munich) by Happy Thinking People.
- “How spontaneous are you? Sell me this biscuit. ” - Placed at Döhler to an applicant as a manager (Darmstadt).
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965962361
English version: ISBN 9783965962378 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).