Interview questions - a top topic
No doubt, the topic "questions in the job interview" is booming, we notice that again and again in the traffic to relevant topics. Not only that numerous job application advisers want to prepare for tricky questions in job interviews, our cooperation partner Glassdoor has now for the second time collected the toughest questions from German job interviews in his community.
For this, 2.400 was used to examine and evaluate questions from discussion meetings, which were published last year by applicants from Germany at Glassdoor.
Questions from bizarre to meaningful
In the Top 10 are also some oddities: For example, the question of the proper personality for his own candy bar. However, the majority of the Top 10 are job-related and traceable - even if the answer to the question "What did you learn last week" should not be less difficult?
One thing is clear: job seekers nowadays have to be prepared for everything in the interview. This is because HR managers ask complex questions to test applicants' critical thinking abilities and to challenge creativity and spontaneous problem-solving skills.
What matters for applicants
Applicants are: It is less important to provide the exact answer, which usually does not exist anyway. Rather, they should prove their solution competence and show how they work their way step by step to the right solution. In short, it depends on how you approach such questions.
From this point of view, the countless preparatory application guides and tips should also include this one Article Heard, seen here: it is not a question of learning all the questions by heart and then having the appropriate answers ready - even if one or the other would like it.
The Top 10 of the Whimsical Questions
Rather, applicants are best prepared to make introductory talks by being inspired by the questions in their creativity. In this sense: Good success in the interview.
- "How many Deutsche Post mailboxes are on the streets of Germany?" - Presented at PwC to a candidate as Senior Consultant (Frankfurt am Main).
- "What did you learn last week?" - Posted by trivago to an applicant as Software Engineer (Dusseldorf).
- "How many smarties fit into a VW bus?" - Asked Zeb to a candidate in the field of strategy and organization (Munich).
- "They get into the elevator and the elevator is the CEO. What would you say to him to make a lasting impression? "- Asked an applicant for the trainee program Discover (Dusseldorf) at Vodafone.
- "How many cappuccinos are sold daily in Manhattan?" - Accredited to an applicant as a Strategy Consultant (Kronberg im Taunus).
- "If you had all the money in the world, what would you as an entrepreneur do with it?" - Asked Burger King to an applicant for the Leadership Development Program (Munich).
- "What was the biggest failure in your life and how did you handle it?" - Asked an adidas Group candidate for the Functional Trainee Program (Herzogenaurach).
- "If you wanted to furnish all flats in NRW with parquet, how much wood would have to be cut down in the Black Forest?" - Ask ThyssenKrupp an applicant as manager (Essen).
- "If the chocolate bar" Mars "was a person, how would she be?" - Asked Happy Thinking People to an applicant in the field of Market Research (Munich).
- "How spontaneous are you? Sell me this biscuit. "- Posted by Döhler to an applicant as a manager (Darmstadt).
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).