Boredom or action?
Do you want to bore your readers or give you an exciting presentation? But that requires two things above all else:
Optimal preparation and full concentration on presentation presentation. Maybe you will not become a second Hitchcock, but a good speaker.
10 Tips - Presenting Like Hitchcock
- Prepare in time: Start the preparation in good time so that you do not run out of time.
- Taking notes: If you are well versed in the topic, write meaningful keywords on index cards - these will ensure that you do not forget anything. Or make a note of the most important headlines on a headline sheet to keep track.
- Write down everything! If you are unfamiliar with the topic: Write the full text of the presentation. Then read it so often that looking at the beginning of the sentence is enough to keep the subject in mind. Avoid reading from the script.
- Pay attention to emphasis and pauses: When writing the script, pay attention to the emphasis and pauses in the right places: This is how you can achieve good effects.
- Systematic proceed! Arrange your documents, then is also order in your head. Do not just quote quotations, but write them verbatim in your redeman's script or on the cards - so you avoid hectic swearing on the table.
- Take up: Practice your speech four times. Record yourself in sound (for example, on a computer or with a cassette recorder) or picture (with a digital or video camera) yourself. Let a well-meaning, but critical friends make you constructive Feedback give.
- Learning by chance: Memorize the first four minutes of your presentation: then you will have time to calm down during the lecture.
- Which media do you want to use? Which media do you want to use? Beamer, Overhead, Video, Flipchart? Plan the use of media directly when writing. Then familiarize yourself with the presentation technology on site.
- Be on time: Come on time, sleep well and physically and mentally fit for the lecture. If you are ill, cancel the presentation better if possible. If that does not work, start by pointing out your poor condition.
- Think of your listeners: What expertise do the listeners have? Which language will you most understand? What reactions do I expect or expect from the audience?
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).