Good photos, bad photos
Ultimately, the presence at Xing and Co. is nothing more than a latent long-term application. But even Xing members who are happy in their current job, should pay attention to their photo presence. Anyone who poses on the Internet with a bad photo damages his image and lowers the chances of finding a job.
One should therefore opt for a conscious appearance on the Internet. Just think about the following case: If the manager from Xing-Mail smiles at a business consultant with a cap and a halter-shirt, he will certainly take their offer less seriously!
10 Tips for the right photo
But what are good photos and bad photos? 10 tips at a glance:
- Good photos show teeth: These are also still visible in miniature format.
- There are differences between business networks and fun networks - always pay attention!
- Wallpapers belong to the living room, not to Xing: backgrounds are neutral, without patterns and best bright.
- Dark to light: best to put something dark on the bright background, with as little as possible.
- Industry-appropriate: Advertisers look different than bankers and should show that too.
- Whole-body prohibition zone: Only the portraits of the face with the thumbnails of the Internet.
- Private is part of the photo album: Xing is a network for business contacts. If you want something different, go to liebe.de
- Better color than black and white: Black and white photos are considered chic and artistic, but also give the impression one wants to disguise something. Color looks more honest.
- Noticeable: Nose or foot portraits are for fun platforms, but have nothing to do in the business Internet.
- Pay attention to the overall context: It is important that the photo in the overall context is consistent.
Networks are becoming more important
What matters more and more in online reputation: The right network, who you know and who you do not.
Networks and personal referrals are playing an increasingly important role because companies wanted to minimize costs in personnel selection and only in exceptional cases give out ads or headhunters.
10 Tips for Building the Right Network:
The effort is worth it: Especially in the crisis, department heads, entrepreneurs and other human resources managers are looking for suitable employees in their own environment.
- Contacts are everything! Build, maintain and use relationships. Whether a former colleague, student colleague or friend from childhood days, everyone can give you tips on where and with whom you can apply or recommend you in your own company and network.
- Everyone has to know what they can do! Explain your advantages and knowledge comprehensible even in your personal environment. Explain to outsiders in simple words what your "business" is, what your expertise is, and in which department and situation you use someone with your know-how, your experience or yours Talent needs.
- Many companies reward recommendations! Ask friends and acquaintances in your own company to make advertising for you.
- Actively use Xing and / or Linked-In as you expand your network, increase your findability under relevant search terms, and target people who can build bridges in your desired industry.
- Do it differently from your colleagues: For example, do not apply to companies where everyone else is applying. Stay away from particularly popular companies, industries and all too "beautiful" topics (such as culture, travel, fashion, etc.) - or build a network and expect a longer start-up time.
- Once is not even: Many a candidate is only after the fifth Casting in the same company in the shortlist.
- Systematically build contacts within an industry. Contact experts, attend events, get involved with projects and volunteer work.
- Focus your network and contact set-up activities on the right people: The department is always a more interesting point of contact for you than the personnel department, because there is a demand first.
- Unsolicited, but without application! Initial contact with a company is best done personally and second best by phone. Do not say that you would like to apply: rather offer something (internship, project, idea) or ask for expertise and assessment (eg of your training projects).
- Persistence wins: Stay tuned and contact me repeatedly. Find the balance between sympathetic research and intrusive nerves.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).