Shut down - really?
The tricky thing about burnout is that you only feel it when you've already grabbed one. Burnout hits the hard-working. Those who burn for what they do.
Because, only those who have burned, can burn out. Especially in everyday working life burnout appears to be a problem for many requirements.
Delegate - but how does it work?
Because as a coach I can of course simply say "delegate, if you can, work through your tasks in sequence."
You will think: How then? When things change every few minutes, new eMails come beeping, Twitter messages have to be formulated to let the “timeline” participate in all new developments?
Be in the present!
How come? If there is no one to whom we can delegate, because we ourselves are brave individuals and that constantly?
I admit that. However, what you can always do, regardless of the situation: Always be in the present moment. Do not let your thoughts wander around the still waiting tasks.
The problem: empathy decreases
Unfortunately, there is a fundamental problem with Burnout: both motivation and ability to empathize and cooperate with others are decreasing; The feeling of not getting enough recognition for one's own work and being exploited is spreading.
Even in private life there are more and more conflicts, even with loved ones. In the end there are often feelings of guilt, a low self esteem, constant fear and nervousness and impatience. Here you should do timely prevention.
Checklist: How do I notice the first warning signs on my own?
Treacherous is burnout, because you often notice him much too late. If you feel these warning signs, you should immediately switch down a gear
- I find it often difficult to turn off
- I am increasingly withdrawing
- I often take work problems with my spare time
- I often feel strong opposition to my work
- I lost the fun of most things
- I suffer from lack of concentration and forgetfulness
- I reach with less and less energy less and less
- I need a lot of time to recover
- I feel drained and powerless
- I feel exhausted for more than six months
3 fast stress and crisis tips for emergencies:
In the short term, methods such as distraction, conscious eating and adequate sleep are useful. In contrast, long-term coping strategies are systematically and systematically applied to the organism in order to reduce existing overloads. This includes relaxation techniques, time management and listening to the “inner voice”.
- Quickly drink a glass of cool water. Through the swallowing intensified the tension decreases and at the same time one is briefly distracted from the current stress situation.
- Treat yourself to an “apple break”, preferably in the fresh air.
- Think of a positive sentence or two that you can imagine in stressful times: "One by one", "I have mastered difficult situations".
16 Immediate Help Tips, which you should definitely do at the first signs of Burnout:
Please do not forget: you are the most important person in your life. And you deserve to be treated with the highest esteem - so that you do not even burn out. So what can you do if you notice signs of burnout?
- Denying is taboo
- Do something good - strengthen recovery
- In case of possible damage
- Try other forms of dealing with stress
- Avoid any overlap
- Avoid insulation
- Completion of possible over-feasibility
- Shorter kick
- Reduce your own goals and demands
- Change of values to what is really important to me
- Courage to say “no”
- Reduce personal pace
- Look for your own body and its needs (sleeping, eating, drinking, moving, tenderness)
- Positive handling of worries and anxieties
- Sense keep for humor
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960862
English version: ISBN 9783965960879 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).