I like to maximize interests
Behind the second letter of the WIR formula are the interests. These must be maximized in order to achieve optimal profits.
It's about cooperation, not about competition - even if many see it differently.
7 steps for transformation into Company
Our 7 steps playfully guide companies, executives and employees to maximize their interests:
- Pay attention to the right communication: In order to be able to enforce the "as many as possible" principle, successful communication is required. The exchange of perspectives, with the goal to understand, the willingness to give insight into their own motives and needs and the commitment to look for win-win solutions, are existential in the digital transformation.
- Active participation and inclusion: Only when people are given the opportunity to show their interests and only when all parties involved are actively involved in the solution is it possible to create win-win solutions.
- Modern technology as an aid: The technical possibilities make everything much easier and faster - regardless of where everyone is. With an email message or a video message, countless people can be informed at the same time. In internal networks, opinions are exchanged and different approaches are discussed. Documents can be quickly sent back and forth with comments. Consensus decisions are therefore much faster.
- Beware of traps: Of course it is important to pay attention to the case knits, because communication is and remains a complex matter. We send our message only to a small extent about the words. The bulk of the information flows through voice and body language. Depending on which communication path we choose, a larger or smaller part of the information is lost. The e-mail consists only of words, the SMS or WhatsApp usually from few words and abbreviations, so there is a lot of room for interpretation and thus a lot of room for misunderstandings.
- Reduce visual misunderstandings: The live chat consists only of words, but at least provides the temporally interrelated exchange. The phone or the spoken WhatsApp delivers the sound of the voice, so 2 / 3 of the information comes in comparison to the personal call. Any visual support increases the transmission of information and reduces the risk of misunderstandings. An additional shared document or a screen presentation, for example, creates more clarity about what is being discussed. If the camera image comes into play, we have reached the optimum that modern communication can offer us.
- Trust as the most important instrument: Organizations are becoming more fluid, hierarchies are decreasing and there is more freedom, but also more responsibility for the individual. Trust and integrity are even more important when dealing with each other. Past life becomes one of the most important management tools. When a company recently launched an initiative to enable mobile work, executives respond differently. While some are happy to offer their employees more freedom in their choice of place of work, others are primarily concerned with whether and how this can be exploited.
- Also be brave: But what is the best strategy for everyone to benefit. It is an advance trust. That is, acting as if one knew that the other party is also acting in the sense of the WE. This is not always easy for us, especially because we like to underestimate the trustworthiness of people. Transparency with regard to the background, motives and visions, as well as the possibility to discuss them, help to define the framework in which everyone is responsibly approaching a goal that serves everyone.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).