6 Steps for the digitization of HR departments
The study "Benchmarking HR Digital" by the management consultancy Promerit shows that only 52 percent of HR managers feel responsible for the digitization process of their department. Rather, they see IT (82 percent) and management (74 percent) as obliged to take appropriate measures.
However, with this attitude, they themselves take the opportunity to actively shape change and not only to modernize their own department, but also to drive forward the transformation process of the entire company. Here are three reasons why HR managers should actively engage with HR digitization.
- Modern HR tools reduce costs and create capacities: Still, it is mainly manual routine tasks that slow down HR managers. One example is testimonial production. Without digital tools, HR managers often need several hours to write a meaningful and legally secure letter in consultation with the department. With a digital certificate generator, on the other hand, the document can be delivered within just 15 minutes. Thanks to regular software updates, it is always in accordance with the current legal norms.
- Investments create cost advantages: Of course, first of all you have to invest in the corresponding software solutions - but most of the time, they even earn a cost advantage within a very short time. Ultimately, HR managers have more time to deal with increasingly critical tasks such as employee recruitment, talent advancement or strategic management advice.
- Young people expect communication skills: For the Millennial generation, which is now starting to work, digital communication via smartphone, tablet and co is self-evident. They also expect the same comfort in the working environment to communicate with the personnel department via paper sheets, but they appear antiquated. Above all, in times of professional deficit, which is still a serious issue for many industries in Germany, the HR department should therefore be a pioneer and digitize its paperwork and the daily communication with applicants and employees of the company.
- Use mobile solutions: Electronic port solutions, which can be used to exchange documents and mobile documents with ease through the HR department and employees, have long been available. Employees can even take photos of sickness reports with the smartphone and directly and safely to the responsible personnel - so they save themselves the annoying walk to the mailbox. All in all, digital tools in the HR department also contribute to a positive employer branding and can help counteract the skills deficit.
- Employee data is better protected digitally and available at any time: A decisive advantage of digital documents against paper files is that they can not be damaged or even completely destroyed by environmental influences such as fires or floods. For professional providers, modern security technologies and sophisticated back-up systems ensure that personnel data is not lost even in the case of local server failures. In addition, HR service partners can ensure that only authorized persons have access to the sensitive data by means of a tailor-made access concept.
- HR archive in the cloud: An HR archive, in which employee files are stacked in cabinets, is often not sufficiently secured. Another advantage of storing employee data digitally in a private or public cloud is the availability. This is because, according to their authorization, they have mobile access to the documents at any time. This saves an enormous amount of time, because they do not have to be firstly elaborated in the archive and integrated into the digital workflow.
Conclusion: The personnel department must wake up
HR departments should now wake up from their slumber and become aware of their increasingly mission-critical role. Because the corporate world is becoming more sophisticated and complex due to the increasing digitization. Well trained staff for your own Company It is therefore fundamental to business success to win and retain, especially with regard to the still-present shortage of skilled workers.
The HR department can make an important contribution to this by meeting the expectations of qualified junior staff, while at the same time providing more capacity to strategically support management. However, every company has to go its own way - and not necessarily digitize it from zero to one hundred. Often it is enough with a part - for example, the introduction of a digital personal file - and then step forward in the direction of digital processes and paperless office.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965962460
English version: ISBN 9783965962477 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).