Jobs for which no one has been found!
The most searched are consultants with often 100% traveling, 2.500 such places there alone at Monster.de. Many positions are limited. Others have requirements that hardly anyone can meet. Dreamjobs are rare.
And for the reason: The jobs in the job boards are usually jobs for which no one else has found. In other words, these are jobs with small or larger stigma. Unlimited willingness to travel is one such, at least for anyone who has spent two years in hotels - but also poor pay, time limit or bad working environment.
The fact that the second-thirds of all posts are never published has been known for years, among others by a survey carried out by the Institute for Labor Market Research (IAB). But this number, according to the assessment of the career counselor continues to grow. Moreover, there are two trends: In addition to the unpopular, there are more and more also highly specialized jobs that land in job markets.
Generalist jobs go by the wayside
Generalist positions, which are clearly the majority of the entire job offer, are increasingly rare in the form of an ad. Also smaller Company very rarely search with an ad search. Instead, business owners and people-looking managers are increasingly turning on their own network instead of headhunters.
An example of this is provided by Michael Silberberger, Managing Director of the seminar provider Semigator AG in Berlin. Instead of switching to job boards, he recently sent an email to his Xing contacts. In this he promoted open positions in sales, including a description of the good working environment. "The chance of getting suitable candidates in this way is much higher than a normal ad," says Silberberger from experience.
Recommendation marketing is always in fashion
The logic behind this: anyone who recommends someone from their network usually knows that person and can not only assess their specialist knowledge, but also their personality - and this is often the most important foundation outside of the specialist world. In addition, employees who have proven to be good employees, usually just such friends and acquaintances. Last but not least, friends would often work much better together than strangers - even in a team. For employers, this form of job search is not only the cheapest, but also the most successful option.
What does this mean for Jobsuchende? Who is socially isolated and also avoids the Internet, gets more and more a problem. The trend that has been shown will continue to increase.
Tips for job search
- Anyone looking for a new job should always keep their eyes open in their own environment. Through business partners, customers, colleagues, you get more interesting jobs than through job boards.
- Bring your colleagues the idea to look around their own company and to ask about the possibilities of cooperation!
- Maintain and maintain good contacts, be it from the internship or an old job. Link to a social network and / or collect contacts in a spreadsheet or electronic address book.
- Inform your network when you are looking for a job: Personally on the phone the close contacts, on the Internet the more distant.
- Always communicate what you can and what you are looking for in your network - preferably verbally and in writing.
- The time in the upswing is always good for unsolicited applications! These should be designed so that the recipients have an immediate picture of what they can do and where they can be used. Even better is if you can apply "on the recommendation of". Use the direct contacts in social networks as a bridge to a new contact.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).