Like a pyramid
But as you become more intriguing, rise above the din. Think of it as a pyramid. At the foot of the pyramid you do not stand out. They are not fascinating or valuable because you are like everyone else.
If your communication sounds and sounds like everyone else's, you stand at the foot of the pyramid. They are forced to struggle with the three threats (and are in serious danger of losing). They are stuck in the world of the "lowest common denominator".
Signs that you are at the foot of the pyramid - and not fascinating:
- Your messages do not penetrate: eMails are not read, calls are not reciprocated.
- Other travel: You have trouble getting others to act through your words.
- They are interchangeable: Your prospects do not understand why they should buy from you instead of the competition, which means they are interchangeable.
- Price war: They are not able to raise prices or fees and have to compete on the lowest price because they offer nothing unique.
- Definition about work: They are defined by what you do rather than by who you are.
- Too much self-promotion: They make more advertising, but the quality of the contacts goes back.
Quality goes through, does not it? To make a career, you must increasingly supply more of your optimal, characteristic value. This is the top of the pyramid where you become unique and irreplaceable.
The top of the pyramid: your ideal value is thriving. This is your personal zone of geniality, with your special, individual personality benefits.
Signs that you are at the top of the pyramid - and fascinating - are:
- Presence: They have a strong presence and way of communicating. They are highly differentiated, and it is unlikely that you will be confused with others.
- One remembers: Once people know you, they remember you.
- Their value increases: You can increase prices and fees.
- Loyalty: Customers are loyal.
- You determine the working time: They are very popular and can choose when and how to work.
- Advocate: You have proponents in your workplace and in your market.
This is what your goal looks like
Being at the top of the pyramid is much more enjoyable, do not you think? It should be your goal to become more valuable to other people and rise accordingly.
In summary, your goal is as follows: Find your optimal, characteristic added value so that you can create exactly this added value. But sometimes that is not so easy and what you can do in detail you will learn now.
Sometimes you get attention, sometimes not. It depends not only on you, but on the situation. In certain situations, your personality is more likely to be noticed, not in others.
In these situations you are much more likely to be perceived, heard and respected. However, if you do not recognize which situations suit your preferences, you will be underestimated or even ignored.
Learning the Star Geiger
In one experiment, one of the most famous violinists of our time, Joshua Bell, played in Washington DC But unlike his usual performance in the concert hall, with a fee of a thousand dollars a minute, he was paid only pence for the performance.
Joshua Bell played in the subway station, anonymous and without Trara. Only with his skill and the invaluable violin did he draw attention to his music.
One of the most brilliant musicians of our time
"No one knew about it," says Gene Weingarten, a Washington Post journalist, "but the violinist standing in front of the barren wall in Underground Passage is one of the most brilliant musicians of our time, the most difficult on his million-dollar Stradivari Plays played. "
More than a thousand passers-by hurried past him during the rush hour without even noticing him. Bell did not get any standing ovations or the 45.000 dollars he would normally have received for this talk. Instead, he had taken 32,12 dollars, about 0,07 percent of his usual fee.
It is not enough to be the best or the best!
If one of the most acclaimed musicians of all time fails to attract attention in a distracted, competitive environment, how should you succeed?
Nowadays, it is not enough to be the world's best if nobody notices you. To notify anything without notice will do nothing.
In the struggle against the competition, our natural talents and abilities are hopelessly lost, unless we find a way to fascinate our listeners.
Why should we listen to you?
The world does not need another violinist. She does not need another candidate for the job. It is your job to show us why we should listen carefully to you.
Fortunately, you already have the key qualities you need to stand out and be heard. That's good, because you will need each one.
Your unique feature
They fight in a distracted and competitive world. What is your default value? Your optimal, characteristic value?
These three words are not new to you, but as a combination, they take on a special meaning. Let us break down the meaning:
So fascinate others
- Perform self-assessment: Conduct an assessment of your merits that might fascinate others.
- Optimal: Optimize the skills you already have.
- Their characteristic features: Understand what makes you extraordinary and differentiates you from others.
- Create added value: Define which two personality preferences will most likely help you to add value.
- Added value: What else is your particular ability to add value beyond what you expect?
- According to your values life: If you live according to your optimal, characteristic added value, you will become more fascinating - and more valuable.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).