Reasons for the election result
At the time I was very busy with the political analysis of the US election and a first one Overview published shortly after the election, which is concerned with whether Donald Trump is a negative role model for managers.
In addition to Trumps Narcissism, the analysis also highlights the weakness of the Democrats and their candidate, Hillary Clinton, to raise awareness of broad electoral strata or to communicate their concerns in a comprehensible manner. As the very detailed analysis of Susan Bordo on ZEIT ONLINE shows, it is also quite small. Even if I do not agree one hundred percent in all places, I find the analysis very successful.
What You Can Learn From Hillary Clinton For Your Career - 7 Tips
But the issue is not only politically exciting: the debacle of the Democrats and Hillary Clinton shows us all the more strongly that it is important to pursue the right strategy and goal in the career planning. At least as important is also to communicate these correctly and appealing. And this is true and especially for women, but of course not only. 7 Reviews.
- Inform, Inform, Inform: Analyzes accuse Hillary Clinton of simply forgetting certain voter groups in her election campaign. This shows how important it is to get informed in advance about a situation - for example about the situation in one Company in which you want to apply or the actual requirements of a job. Employer rating platforms like Glassdoor let you
- Look beyond your own nose: However, many analysts themselves assessed the outcome of the election quite wrongly because they moved too much in their own filter bubble and did not even notice what was actually going on around them. Also Facebook With its selective interaction algorithm, is held responsible for cementing a rather restricted worldview in many people. So if you are looking for information, you should get it specifically from very different sources and not just ask friends and acquaintances, for example.
- Forging alliances: Success depends not only on performance and good work, but on looking for allies who support one's career - otherwise one has quickly maneuvered offside. This starts with the application process, for example in the assessment center, and continues as you climb higher up the career ladder.
- Become a problem solver: Donald Trump has won the US election because he has inspired his electors with seemingly simple approaches. Of course, complex problems are never easy to solve, but intelligent people make the mistake of explaining facts in all their complexity, losing themselves in side-war situations and criticism. However, the problem is solved, especially in companies, with simple, clear messages. Therefore, do not name the problems, but offer solutions and communicate them with as simple and understandable words as possible.
- Being authentic: A great accusation made by Hillary Clinton is that of antipathy and lack of authenticity. For example, because she has concealed her illness, instead of just standing up, that she feels sick and weak. Susan Bordo has worked very nicely on the fact that it does not necessarily matter what is really authentic, but what is perceived as authentic and also on Best of HR – Berufebilder.de® has already been discussed several times Not to confuse authenticity with the unvarnished truth is. Differently is not to explain that exaggerated Donald Trump was perceived as more authentic than Hillary Clinton.
- Communicate clearly: Another important topic goes hand in hand with the topic of authenticity: communication. Because the way we present ourselves and communicate also determines how we are perceived by others. E.g. among colleagues. For example, Susan Bordo describes how she once did not get a job because she waved her arms around too frantically while talking. But communication is also becoming increasingly important in social networks. The fact that Facebook made jointly responsible for Trump's success in the US election was apparently more important than the established media, shows the importance of social networks, which should not be underestimated - for example not in the application process. Even if many companies claim the opposite, applicants and employees are googled nowadays - and those who show a picture of themselves that deviate from their familiar role can at least greatly irritate bosses and colleagues.
- Set limits, keep your attitude: However, it is important to maintain a certain attitude in order to adapt your own role and communication. In order to do that, everyone has to define for himself how far he is willing to go - and if possible not to exceed this limit. Otherwise, bending over will eventually return like a boomerang.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960848
English version: ISBN 9783965960855 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).