From the author:
Facilitating promotes people's awareness of themselves, their environment and the process in which they find themselves.
However, an awareness of the importance of the Chang process can only arise if all the participants clearly and clearly see that an approach must be developed together step by step.
7 theses for successful facilitation
In order to make this process possible, we work with the following basic assumptions or theses.
- The Facilitator shapes the understanding of the vessel (framework) of a process We first assume that there are always as many realities and truths in a process as humans are involved in. There needs to be a space and framework for the abundance of differences in which the participants have the opportunity to express their thoughts on the particular situation. All of them must be invited, especially the silent and introverted people. A feeling for the development in the process can only arise when everyone is aware of the common knowledge, that a procedure can be developed and that a coherent approach to the topics and things can be focussed out of the fullness.
- The goal is to arrive at a common reality formation. For this, the issues must come out of their minds, they must not be stuck in thought, they must be pronounced.
- Facilitating promotes people's awareness of themselves, their environment and the process in which they find themselves. Changes are movements that move from one state to another. Every person involved in a change needs a special orientation. He needs to know where he stands, where others stand and where he can or should go. If this is the case, the personal willingness to recognize one's own attitude to change and to question one's own actions and thinking grows. This promotes the development of personal action repertoire in the process.
- Change processes need stakeholders who act responsibly. But to act responsibly, people usually need an awareness of this. In order for this awareness to arise, sufficient space and time must be created.
- As facilitators, we know that in every process there are taboos, unconscious and unintended. We integrate this knowledge into our perception and are sensitive to what is apparently not seen or pronounced: where something seems very clearly formulated, but it is completely different accompanied by other body language? Where is action taken, but ignored, how these actions affect others?
- Our task is to reflect these perceptions into the system. In this way, the information behind it can be viewed, reflected and, if necessary, integrated. This is how new things can emerge and find their space. As facilitators, we do not evaluate at this point what quality is what we find. Only the people in the system can recognize this and process it for themselves.
- Putting unspoken into the communication is the prerequisite that we can meet things differently. Only then does space arise to look at a new situation.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).