Recruitment of professionals: Which method is successful?
Especially in IT, but also in tourism, for example, many complain Company massive about not finding suitable employees. Many studies also make it clear that traditional applicant campaigns by companies are no longer bringing the desired success. What is needed are new ways, and they are more effective than ever in the internet.
Online job exchanges have long been part of the standard repertoire of online recruitment. More and more companies know where to find the right professionals on the Internet, and publish their job vacancies now via Twitter message and use online business networks for both their own corporate presentation and targeted addressing appropriate professionals.
Employer: departure from the bouncer mentality
What could help: A shift in the head. Many employers still cling to a bouncer mentality. They believe that they are the ones who can choose generously from all applicants, who fits in their shop and who does not. By the time they finally decide, the qualified professionals have long since turned to a trendy in-club.
The comparison with the hip scene club is also not far fetched: Young, well-qualified workers want to have fun at work and have a meaningful job. The fact that the salary is correct is tacitly assumed. Companies would therefore do well to present themselves as a trendy scene club and put in everything with what they can present their employees in the right light.
After all, progress in this regard is that German companies are usually active in social networks as employers. Especially technology companies with a strong global orientation use the networks more intensively. Many companies recognize that their target groups and many employees have long been active there.
Through their participation, companies not only gain new and authentic identification areas, but also build direct bridges to sometimes scarce specialists. Social networks also provide companies with great opportunities to better understand their target audience, to listen to them, to build a dialogue and to target specific candidates. This increases the quality of the recruiting process and saves time and money - appreciation instead of advertising pressure.
10 tips on how to use employee selection networks as an entrepreneur:
So how can companies present their target group as an open, progressive employer? 10 tips at a glance.
- Your company profile is your one-stop-shop: Create or update your business profile. Some online business networks allow you to customize a company profile. For example, at LinkedIn, Siez may provide the full name of your business, a description, your company logo, areas of expertise and other detail information of interest to potential applicants.
- Join interesting candidates as a member of relevant groups: Membership groups are an important part of social networking. Search for groups that deal with relevant topics and industries and join these groups. As a group member you have optimal contact possibilities to the respective experts and high potentials.
- Show Presence and Build Your Own Business Group: Having your own business group within an online business network gives you the best opportunity to provide discussion forums and to provide news to your business's diverse audiences. For example, you can create subgroups for different audiences, include your own or third-party RSS feeds, and send weekly newsletters to all members.
- Look out for which experts ask exciting questions and give good answers. If you are an IT company, keep an eye on the questions and answers that IT publishes in online business networks from other members. For example, if you are looking for IT professionals with special skills in "SOAP", search Xing's corresponding groups in Technology - Web Development for the keyword "SOAP". Right here you will find the experts you are looking for, if necessary to contact them.
- Use advanced search capabilities to find your ideal candidate: Online business networks are ideal for targeting professionals. For example, use the advanced search to find a nanotechnology specialist living in Germany who speaks English and French.
- Use the job boards on online business networks: Many online business networks offer the opportunity to publish their own job postings. They combine job advertisements, active candidate searches, people referrals, and the diverse capabilities of a global network.
- Well-groomed profiles of your employees make the best impression: Also motivate your employees to open a profile on relevant online business networks and, above all, to cultivate it professionally. In line with employee branding, your employees are important ambassadors of your company and show the quality of your staff to other specialists and managers.
- Demonstrate that the best professionals work for you: Encourage your employees to actively participate in expert discussions within online business networks and answer relevant questions. This will show that the best professionals are employed and that highly sought after professionals in your company are in good company.
- Provide potential applicants with up-to-date information about your company for download: Make sure that at least the first level of management provides their company's current presentations as downloads on their profiles.
- Join existing alumni groups and actively participate in discussions: online business networks are an optimal place for alumni groups of organizations or companies. Determine if your company's former employees have formed a group to stay in touch after employment. In order to be able to respond to or actively manage negative discussions, at least one member of your executive board should join that group.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).