Know and defuse anxiety situation
Sellers do not always act purposefully for her Company, Sometimes, because of their personality structure, ingrained courses of action and intuitive thinking patterns, they pursue a more comfortable variant.
Since this usually happens unconsciously, sales managers should know the typical anxiety situations and thus the dangers for the sales success and deal with them. Together, solutions can be developed to remedy the situation.
Do your salespeople buckle too quickly at the price?
Sellers have to sell - and be it about the price. Buyers have to shop inexpensively - that too is about the price.
After all, it is their job to shop at the best possible conditions. But the key point is how quickly sellers "distribute" discounts and how often they give too much discounts.
Discounts on sale: the path of least resistance
Asked about his motive, the answer of such a "discounter" is usually: "I would not have got the job otherwise". Other prospective deals often lead to unjustified price concessions. Likewise, the principle of receiving the customer at all costs (and that is to take literally!) Is widespread: "Yes, do we now want the order - or not?"
Sellers are not always aware of the business consequences of disproportionate discounts. Often, they lack conclusive arguments to explain why they are more expensive relative to the competitor. Also, that they finally want to have the job (or have to, to reach their target) and no further time to invest, is an important reason why sellers give too fast and too high discounts.
Sales alone are not enough
Even if the figures seem to be right at first glance, sales alone are not enough. What matters is what's left behind. Therefore, sellers must have clear strategies in order to enforce the calculated prices.
Sellers need to be proud of their (high) prices. If they are unable to do so, there is a great danger that they will prematurely buckle in the price negotiations, even more so if they depend on the order. Compensation models based purely on sales instead of contribution margin support the "rebate illness".
10 tips: This allows sellers to better enforce their prices
Who gives too much discount (s), reduces the profit and endangers his future chances. If, on the other hand, sellers are willing to pay - and are convinced by themselves, price negotiations can be made much safer. The following ten tips help you to negotiate more confidently:
- Find out with the right questions what your counterpart really wants and needs. Bring in possible prices yourself early in the conversation in order to achieve the best possible solution. Most customers have financial limits or fixed prices.
- Make it easy for your counterpart to accept your prices. Profitability calculations and patterns help as well as positive formulations: not "that costs x Euro", but "you get it for x Euro".
- Many buyers ask for a better price because they know that this often leads to a discount. Your opponent wants to test whether there is still "air" in the prices. If a customer asks for a discount, he is very likely to be interested in your offer.
- Always try to refute the discount request at eye level first: "Unfortunately, we can not afford the price anymore. Because the offer is worth it. "Then try to leave the price discussion by asking a final question. Maybe "Is it alright for you when we get the goods at 24. deliver this month? "
- If the customer remains stubborn, then check whether you actually receive the order immediately, if you make a discount concession: "Is there anything else besides the price that keeps you from working together?"
- The price objection is often just an excuse. In order not to hurt the provider, many customers prefer to say "they are too expensive!" Instead of "I do not believe in your quality!". Such a customer will not buy even with discounts.
- Only give discounts when you actually know that nothing else speaks against the cooperation. Instead of granting the maximum rebate, you can ask what price your customer has imagined or start with a smaller discount.
- Remember that every penny discount reduces your profit. Give the customer the feeling that it really was a strong performance from him to get a discount. Even if it was only a mini-discount from your point of view.
- You can also claim a consideration for a discount. For example, you can ask for a written reference.
- If the consideration is right, the price is secondary from the customer's point of view - never forget that! So, check with the customer to see if a discount is actually needed or if you'd better change the quantity or order as a whole.
Salespeople can support their front team
- Make sure all customer-facing staff have sovereign and appreciative answers when customers question prices.
- Discuss strategies with your employees on how to deal with discounts on equal terms.
- Check if you can open up new customer groups that are more willing to pay.
If you want to sell successfully, you must first sell the price yourself. Because only if the provider is really one hundred percent behind this, the customer will rarely doubt him.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).