What customers really want - and what you should avoid
Customers want to know what they are. They want to be taken seriously. Customers value engagement as much as salespeople who do not talk to their mouths. They value uncomplicity. Therefore, you should avoid these aspects:
- Bad bid management: If an interested person submits an offer by e-mail, the probability is high that he will receive it by e-mail. Now the customer is on the move: Either order - or not.
- Additional information by phone: It is more professional when a salesman tries to reach the requester by telephone. A call helps to find out how high the purchase probability really is. Further details can be clarified.
- Follow offers: It is often neglected to follow up on offers. It is unwise, if a provider, who goes with a written offer in advance, breaks off the communication to the interested party.
- Nobody`s perfect! When something happens, customers often even understand it - if they are informed in time and they feel that the provider is seriously trying to find a solution.
- Not letting faith decide over anything: It is a bad thing when customers know that the target is in danger. An offensive handling in delicate situations is even better if the offerer does not yet have a solution.
- Customer loss due to superficiality: Customers want to be more than just a number. As soon as a customer becomes indifferent, arrogant or audacious, the risk of losing a customer is high.
- Correctly formulate: In the customer contact it depends on the exact formulation. You will find below some suggested phrases for this.
Example formulations in everyday sales for ...
1 .... the new customer acquisition:
- I have an idea how you can x. Can I briefly outline this in three sentences?
- It is about x. For this I have an idea, which has worked well with the company y excellent. Can we just talk about this?
- I suppose you're thinking, Another guy who wants to sell me something. ' If you give me two minutes now and I have not convinced you then, you can kick me out. Agreed?"
2 .... the offer management:
- You sent me an e-mail yesterday. I would like to ask you a few questions so that I can offer you an optimal offer.
- I am assuming that you will get several offers. What criteria do you choose for a supplier?
- You have requested x. How do you expect that this is the best solution for you?
- You know, we do a lot of jobs - but not over the price. If I can show you that it pays to invest a little more with us, then we will do the job?
- No, I do not work like that. That makes no sense to me because ... That's why you understand that I do not want to make you an offer.
- We phoned 3 weeks ago. It was about the offer about x. And then I thought I was just calling out to find out how we could go on together.
- Thank you very much for your inquiry. You have a big project. To make sure you get the best for your situation, I would like to make an appointment with you. So I can look at the whole thing and finally offer you the best option. When does it fit?
3 .... the price negotiation:
- Yes that's true. The offer is a bit higher than you originally wanted. I did not make it easy for me. But I understood that x is very important to you. And that's why I deliberately added the position a and b. So you have the assurance that it works. And that's exactly what both of us care about.
- I can understand that you want a good price. This is our best price. Is it all right if the goods are there next week?
- What discount did you imagine - OK, so I can not go down. What I can do, however, is that I still have you x. You need that anyway. Agreed?
- Of course, there are cheaper competitors. But just in this matter, it depends on it works. And I assure you. What about you next week - can we start on Tuesday?
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).