5 practical tips for the right outfit to Casting
In the case of an interview, the first impression can be decisive, which is why, in addition to a sympathetic appearance, clothing is also an important factor which should be taken into consideration when preparing for the first acquaintance. But do not worry if you follow a few rules, then there is no reason to be nervous.
In the following, we have compiled 5 practical tips for men and women who can help with the selection of clothes for a job interview:
1. The right outfit gives security
In general, the rule of thumb is: Anyone who is well-groomed, self-confident and authentic will collect positive points. Try talking calmly and relaxedly - your CV has already convinced the potential new employer. Now (only) the appearance at the first meeting has to be right. Even if you are mentally upset and a bit insecure, it is advantageous to "come over" as calmly and confidently as possible. It can help the right outfit, who feels well dressed, usually appears more confident.
2. Stay yourself
Of course, you should still be yourself, your counterpart will notice it immediately if you pretend. This also applies to your appearance: Stay true to yourself despite dress code. What does that mean in concrete terms? Before you think about your outfit, make sure that the "basics" are correct. By that is meant that your shoes are clean, your clothes ironed and your hands cared for. Even if it seems superficial: Man uses his eye to identify certain characteristics. If the candidate is unkempt, it is quite possible that the staff member derives from this that makes his work just as messy.
4. Dress code for men: The main thing "he" is good
What a man should wear during a job interview depends on the company: If it is a job in the financial sector or is required to (re) present presentations outside the company (eg personallee, consultant), it is advisable to wear a suit.
- The suit should definitely sit well and the (plain) shirt should be ironed.
- If it is a job in the start-up scene or in the creative industry, a suit almost looks overdressed. Here, an ironed shirt or a nice sweater with plain dark jeans are enough.
- Classic leather shoes complete every application outfit. Important: The shoes should be cleaned and tidy.
5. Dresscode for Women - Classic always goes
In principle, women have a greater possibility of design than men, but they are also spoiled for choice: dress, skirt, trousers suit, what should they choose? This is not so clear, because here too the choice depends on the area of the job.
- As with the men, she should choose the woman for a "business" outfit, if it is a job in a management consultancy or a bank. One option would be a well-fitting trouser suit or a jacket, combined with a knee-length skirt.
- At start-ups and co. She can also dress casually, for example a casual blouse with a dark trousers or a skirt. However, caution should be exercised when choosing the skirt: it should not be too tight.
- Tip: To "sexy" or "hip" acts quickly dubious - a classic style, however, professional.
If you and Ms follow these tips, then nothing stands in the way of a successful appearance at the interview.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).