5 practical tips for the right outfit to Casting
In the case of an interview, the first impression can be decisive, which is why, in addition to a sympathetic appearance, clothing is also an important factor which should be taken into consideration when preparing for the first acquaintance. But do not worry if you follow a few rules, then there is no reason to be nervous.
In the following, we have compiled 5 practical tips for men and women who can help with the selection of clothes for a job interview:
1. The right outfit gives security
In general, the rule of thumb applies: If you look well-groomed, confident and authentic, you can collect plus points. Try to talk calmly and relaxed - your CV has already convinced the potential new employer. Now the appearance at the first meeting must be correct. Even if you are excited inside and a little insecure, it is an advantage to “come across” as calmly and confidently as possible. The right outfit can help, and those who feel well dressed usually appear more confident.
2. Stay yourself
Of course you should still be yourself, the other person will notice immediately if you are disguising yourself. This also applies to your appearance: stay true to yourself despite the dress code. What does that mean exactly? Before you think about your outfit, make sure that the “basics” are correct. This means that your shoes are clean, your clothes are ironed and your hands are well-groomed. Even if that seems superficial: People use their eyes to identify certain characteristics. If the candidate appears neglected, it can happen that the HR manager deduces that he is just as messy with his work.
4. Dress code for men: the main thing is that he sits well
What a man should wear during a job interview depends on the company: If it is a job in the financial sector or is required to (re) present presentations outside the company (eg personallee, consultant), it is advisable to wear a suit.
- The suit should definitely sit well and the (plain) shirt should be ironed.
- If it is a job in the start-up scene or in the creative industry, a suit almost looks overdressed. Here, an ironed shirt or a nice sweater with plain dark jeans are enough.
- Classic leather shoes complete every application outfit. Important: The shoes should be cleaned and tidy.
5. Dresscode for Women - Classic always goes
In principle, women have a greater possibility of design than men, but they are also spoiled for choice: dress, skirt, trousers suit, what should they choose? This is not so clear, because here too the choice depends on the area of the job.
- As with men, women should opt for a “business” outfit if it is a job in a management consultancy or a bank. One option would be a well-fitting pants suit or a jacket, combined with a knee-length skirt.
- At start-ups and co. She can also dress casually, for example a casual blouse with a dark trousers or a skirt. However, caution should be exercised when choosing the skirt: it should not be too tight.
- Tip: Too “sexy” or “hip” quickly looks dubious - a classic style, on the other hand, is professional.
If you and Ms follow these tips, then nothing stands in the way of a successful appearance at the interview.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965965287
English version: ISBN 9783965965294 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).