How to avoid default answers
Of these applicants, you will receive only standard answers to many of your questions. To get a real impression of these applicants, you need to ask specific questions.
Your goal is to really get to know the candidate in order to make a proper decision about his suitability. If applicants are not acting honestly and genuinely on their own, you should put them in a position to show themselves, at least for the first time. You can achieve this by surprising the candidate with your questions.
What happens when applicants have to react spontaneously?
Then he must spontaneously answer the questions. If people have to behave spontaneously, you can not fall back on something that has been tried or tested. Instead, you can access a response or behavioral repertoire that you already own. Therefore, spontaneous responses give a lot about an applicant.
They say something about how quick-witted, spontaneous or flexible their counterparts are when they have to act unprepared. They provide information about whether the candidate is at all without preparation sovereign can act and act.
Typical questions about the person - some examples
Does a candidate act on an answer and take a lot of time to answer or does he answer your question without hesitation? And what reaction does he show when he is surprised? Here are some sample questions to surprise applicants with.
- Do you prefer to drink beer or wine?
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- Who is your favorite sportsman?
- Which Disney character would you like?
- Why do you have short / long hair?
- Have you ever planted a tree?
- What did you want to become as a child?
- What bores you?
- How loud can you scream?
- Do you have a good manuscript?
- Would you choose your parents again, if you had the choice?
- What do you do with gifts that you do not use?
- What are you worse off than any other people you know?
- Can you change a car tire?
- Without what could not you live?
- You probably like to play it safe ...
- What are you thinking about?
- How much would you pay for a liter of milk?
- Which designer do you wear today?
- What color are you good at?
- Would you be so attracted to the customer?
- Which food would you never try?
- What would you prefer: dog or cat?
- How do you find flamingos?
- What would you be most likely to do: blind, deaf or dumb?
- Do you think of five games of the year spontaneously? Which?
- Tell me a joke.
- Make me laugh.
- If you were a cowboy, what would your horse be?
- If you were one of the three kings, what would have brought you to the crib?
- When do you get homesick?
- They wake up in a dumpster. What is your first thought?
- What can your mother do best?
- What book would you have liked to write?
- What superpower would you like to have?
- With whom would you like to swap a day?
- Where would you travel with a time machine?
- How can you relax?
- What is a temptation for you?
- What would be your hangman's meal?
- Where do you hang while zapping?
- What do you spend too much money on?
- What can you cook particularly well?
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).