Further education successes in Heller and Pfennig
The good news is: The success of forwarding can be quantified in Heller und Pfennig, or in Euro and Cent.
In order to find out how much further training really brings, Vergleich Portal Salary.de evaluated 87.214 compensation data from the last 12 months for this purpose and determined the salary differences of employees with and without additional training.
Training pays off in the long term
Master craftsmen, general practitioners as well as tax consultants, banks and craftsmen were considered. Bachelor's, Master's and MBA's graduates were studied for academics.
The result: Additional qualifications pay off in the long term. However, anyone who calculates an immediate increase in salary immediately after further education is often disappointed: additional qualifications do not always pay off immediately, but rather the salary increases gradually from time to time.
5 Tips for more salary thanks to further education
- Master Teaching: The salary after completion of training is on average 36.200 Euro. If you continue your education and then hire a specialist or master title, you can count on 43.260 Euro. Thus, the average difference is around 7.060 Euro.
- Specialists in tax consultancy, banking and trade: In order to recognize the influence of further education on the salary according to the industry, the experts at Lohn.de analyzed the areas of tax consulting, banking and crafts. According to this, tax professionals are on average about 31.650 Euro. After the apprenticeship as tax expert, their salary increases by 7.740 Euro to around 39.400 Euro.
- Specialists in the motor vehicle segment: A trained mechatronics engineer earns an average of 28.900 Euro - after passing the master exam, his salary rises to an average of 38.000 Euro. Here the difference is 9.100 Euro.
- Specialists in finance: While educated bank buyers earn an average of 41.630 Euro, the salary for banking specialists is 57.480 Euro. The difference: 15.860 Euro.
- MBA: What about university graduates? The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the best-known supplementary qualifications for academics. According to the evaluation the title is particularly worthwhile: A Bachelor with MBA earns about 57.520 Euro a year, the master student with the additional qualification comes on 73.270 Euro. Without MBA, bachelor's graduates receive an average of 45.875 Euro and academics with a Master's degree of around 54.130 Euro. The difference is a maximum of 19.140 Euro!
That's what studies say
Of course, there are also surveys on the topic of salary for university graduates. Those come from the Stuttgart recruitment agency alma mater, the exciting question clarified: What do university graduates earn?
Around 900 Company participated in the alma mater salary study on entry-level salaries of college graduates. And that came out of it:
The result soon
The salaries reach an average of 40.097 € gross per year back to the level before the economic crisis. In addition, 90% of companies intend to hire new entrants in this year. A positive result for graduates.
Top salaries are paid in the automotive, electrical and mechanical engineering sectors. Not only the good economic situation, but also the strong demand for skilled workers is reflected in the starting salaries for academics.
Industry attracts with high starting salaries
For example, graduates who start with vehicle manufacturers can expect an average of 48.000 € gross / year, and graduates in mechanical engineering and electrical engineering with 43.000 €.
In the automotive supplier industry, the annual salaries are around 42.000 € gross. As in the previous year, the media and tourism sector is closing. In the media, graduates are expected to have a percentage of 17,5%%, whereas in tourism companies, 30%.
A master's degree pays off
For the third time in a row it became clear that young professionals with a master's degree have little or no disadvantages in salary negotiations compared to graduates with a diploma.
Irrespective of the two degrees, the average salary in research and development is 42.000 €. Nevertheless, graduate students are still preferred in the occupation of entry-level positions.
It is also advantageous for young professionals, if they have attended a university instead of a technical college: A visit to a university can pay off with a 20 higher percentage.
About the salary study
The recruitment agency alma mater invited 5.000 personnel contact persons throughout Germany to participate in the survey. The subjects provided information about the earning potential of university graduates in their companies.
Overall, almost 4.700 salary data came together, including the fees for internships and final theses.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly whole book with this text buy, read on.
On the topic with this text Buy a book with discount: As registered member see here the price of the book with 20% discount. After purchase, you can download the ePub file. Each book is available in German or English. Against 3 Euro for conversion costs, we also deliver as PDF, please specify this when buying under "Booking" in the interests field! You can also see the book here.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).