How to really tie employees to themselves
Talents are the basis of every company - and decisive for company success. It can be a great challenge for employers to hold long-term employees and successfully acquire new talents. The requirements of the employees are very concrete and attractive salaries as well as great company parties are no longer sufficient as an incentive today.
In times of high workloads and growing pressure to perform those are Company attractive, taking the individual needs of their employees seriously. Factors such as health and flexibility are paramount, as employees often spend more hours a day at work than at home. A working environment with a high social well-being factor is contemporary.
Design of working environments for more well-being and performance
The design, structure and furnishing of workrooms has a direct influence on the well-being and also on the performance of employees. Optimum use of space can improve communication among each other, optimize workflows and promote creativity. The creation of a large-scale bourgeoisie is, however, not yet the panacea. Especially in the case of a high number of employees, the general visual and hearing contact on large areas can have a negative impact on satisfaction and productivity.
Ideally, the work environment should provide a meaningful balance of open and protected areas. Such a "room-in-room" concept creates small, productive working environments with many opportunities for retreat but also places that promote cooperation. Both lively and introverted characters should find the environment in which they can work best. Modern office concepts therefore offer, for example, the following building blocks:
4 tips for designing a modern work environment
What aspects should be considered in modern workplace design? 4 Tips on how a theoretical concept can look for an employee-friendly office design.
- Cocooning areas: Concentrated thinking and telephone calls are best done in acoustically protected places, for example in an alcove or telephone. Such areas reflect the cocooning trend, the desire to be able to withdraw alone or in small groups.
- "Village squares": A central location in the office serves as a meeting place and promotes communication between employees. The village square can also be used as a place for announcements and stand-ups.
- Flexible creative spaces: Individually designed, flexible meeting rooms offer a welcome contrast program to the rigid meeting culture and keep your head free for new ideas.
- Relaxation zones: Even areas that slow down the working life, for example a roof terrace or a lounge, contribute significantly to the well-being and thus the performance of the employees.
4 Tips for practical implementation: Learning from experiences and adapting environments to individuals
But how are such concepts put into practice? I would like to give you tips from your own experience:
- Promote interdisciplinarity: Collaboration in the team becomes better and more fruitful when complementary characters from different disciplines work together.
- Promote talents: Not only in training, but also during the whole period in which they are working for you. Especially highly specialized talents have very strong individual needs. And, as experience shows, productivity increases when employees are able to deal intensively with tasks that have innovative power and are fun.
- Make it cozy: Employees want to feel comfortable. Therefore create a living space-in-space structure: flexible group workplaces promote communication while individual work places offer retreats for concentrated work. Both lively as well as introvert characters should find the environment in which they can work best.
- The eye eats with: You should not neglect the design as well. For example, modern interior designers from Italy and Switzerland as well as from Silicon Valley served as inspiration. Ultimately, the elements that best fit the company and the employees were implemented.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).